ship

(sonia's pov- 2 months and one week after graduation)

Standing in the center of Jabberwock Park were Makoto, Kyoko, and Byakuya of the Future Foundation. They were shaking hands with those who were had waken up after they left, and giving hugs to those they already knew.

But there was something different about Kyoko this time. It was her gloves, or rather, that she wasn't wearing any.

In the short time I had known Kyoko, she had her gloves on constantly. I had a brief moment alone with her when I asked her why, and she told me that she just never took them off with no explanation, but now I saw why.

Kyoko's hands were covered in scars.

But she seemed comfortable, she was even wearing silver and lilac nail polish, almost as if she was trying to bring more attention to her hands. I walked over to her and we shared a small smile before she hugged me.

"From what I hear, you're the one who inspired everyone to leave here, correct?" Kyoko said, raising an eyebrow. I smiled back at her, "How could I not? It's simply dreadful here!" I replied.

I took Kyoko's hands in mine, which made her flinch just the tiniest bit, and layed a small kiss on each of her palms, before gently letting go, and walking away from Kyoko.

I went over to Byakuya next, who held out his hand for me to shake (which I ignored), before I wrapped him in a hug.

Next, I greeted Makoto and our friends from the future foundation started telling us what would come next.

"So, we have a ship waiting at the beach to take us all back to the rest of the world. Unfortunately, this island is quite far from the mainland, so we'll be at water for a few days, so I hope none of you guys get seasick easily. We do have a lifeguard waiting on the ship in case of emergencies but I doubt we're going to have any. If there's anything you guys want to bring, I would grab it now, the ship is leaving as soon as everyone's ready."

Makoto turned to Kyoko when he finished, who gave him and small nod, before he turned back towards everyone, who were staring at him.

"Oh, uh yeah you can go get your stuff now." He said.

Everyone headed off towards their cottages, grabbing a few items they have gotten here on the island. A few changes of clothes, toothbrushes, shampoos and a few other essentials.

Then, with stuff in hand and hopes high, everyone boarded the ship and we slowly parted from the island we had grown to both love, and hate, in return for a better life.