purple scarf

(sonia's pov- 1.5 months after graduation)

I was laying out across my bed, holding Gundhams purple scarf in my hands, which he had "accidentally" left in my cabin, as I reminisced about my day.

Gundham and I went to the beach, we were finally able to have a full day just for us, and only us. Mikan had kept him under close observation the past few weeks, only allowing us small bits of time together until she was 100% sure he was ok to leave the hospital.

Gundham never actually knew why he was found unconscious, we knew Kazuichi did something, but he refused to admit what. But besides, he's left me alone recently, since he's been spending so much time with Hiyoko.

But the one other thing I was unsure of is my current "relationship status" with Gundham. I do not know "what we are" at the moment, but I don't want to ask him. I don't know what he thinks we are though, which is also a concern of mine.

These thoughts , along with a combo of many others ran through my mind as I was on my bed, and I eventually drifted off to sleep, still clutching Gundhams scarf in my hands.

*the next day*

    I walked into breakfast with Gundham's scarf around my neck, which he seemed to appreciate almost as much as Chiaki, who thought it was the cutest thing ever.

    But my thoughts actually drifted to Soda.. and how much this might hurt him. But when I looked over at him, he was sitting and chatting- no sitting and listening- to Hiyoko ramble on about something. But he seemed happy, so I let it go and went over to Gundham's table.

   We sat, and we chatted, and then headed off together for some alone time.

  And we did this almost everyday, still, with no "official status", which was okay also because we spent time together and enjoyed it and that's what matters.

   But I still asked.

   "Hey- Gundham... what are we..?" I questioned. He looked confused, but soon replied, "Well you are a human and I'm the ruler of the underworld. It simple really."

   I sighed at his response, it wasn't what I meant but I would feel guilty pressing him for other answers. But when I looked over at him.. his face was red. Which makes me think he knew what I was asking and was unsure how to respond.

    Gundham and I had gone to the library today, we were both in search of some new good books, so we decided to pick some out for each other. It seemed like a wonderful idea but it turns out Gundham doesn't like Serial Killer novels all that much, so we just picked out books for ourselves.

  But we did stuff like this everyday... there wasn't all that much to do on Jabberwock island.

And I soon got very bored of our everyday activities.
very bored.

But my boredom led to something else.. It led to daydreaming, and led to more hope. It led to hope of the outside world, and dreams of a new beginning once we finally leave this place.

But would we ever be able to leave here? And if we did, would it be worth it?

The ultimate despair, which I was formerly part of, destroyed the world right? They ruined everything, and almost everyone, on our earth. But still, there had to be someone that was good out there. There had to be something left that we could salvage.

Gundham and I were still at the library, and he was sitting at the table across from me. "Gundham." I said, he looked up at me, "I have an idea."

He looked confused, "What sort of idea?" I smiled, "I think we should leave this island, once and for all."