Chapter 7

I woke to a light rapping at my door I noticed I was in bed with my sheet over me. Levi must have tucked me in last night. I rubbed my eyes and called for the person to come in. It was Petra.

"Hey, how are you feeling this morning, I grabbed you some breakfast because you missed it and I am sure you are hungry." As she said this she pulled out a cup of tea and a sandwich.

"Thanks, I'm okay."

"The Captain has asked me to tell you that Erwin wants to see you as soon as you're awake."

"I see. I will go there as soon as I have washed up. I'm positive I am an absolute sight at the moment."

She nodded in agreeance. She looked like she was about to go when she spoke up. "Kira, I know it may not be the time, but remember when I was drunk. Remember what I tried to do to the Captain?"

"I remember."

"You must think so less of me. I was going to ask him what he thought about marriage, but then in my drunk state I tried something I shouldn't have."

"There is no need to explain it to me. What you did was dumb, but I do not think any less of you. Strong emotions have a way of making you do things you wouldn't usually do."

"Oh Kira," Petra hugged me gently, "I really hope we can be closer friends. I admire you and you're truly part of the team."

When she left I went to have a shower and cleaned up. I looked in the mirror and sighed at the sight of me. I was a complete mess.

With a disgusted sound I stripped my clothes and put them in the bin. I didn't hear the knock at the door, nor did I hear someone come in so I jumped when I heard Levi's voice coming from my room.

"Kira, hurry up we can't wait all day for you."

"Levi, some privacy goddammit, you're such a pervert."

"Tch, I'm not looking at you am I? I could have just walked into the bathroom and dragged you out but I didn't did I?"

"As if, you wouldn't dare do that."

As soon as the words left my mouth I regretted them as Levi rounded the corner. I had already turned the shower off and was getting dry so at the very least I had my towel to cover me. "Get out, I need to get changed and as much as I know you would enjoy the sight. I will not be getting changed in front of you."

He turned his back and I quickly got into uniform and tied my hair up.

"Okay, I'm ready to go."

We headed to Erwins office and I decided now would be the best time to ask.

"Levi, how is it that I know you from the underground? I keep remembering things. I keep getting flashbacks to you leaving me when I was a few years younger. I know what you said last night about regretting leaving me but my memory is so foggy."

Levi stopped and stared at me. I turned to face him and he sighed. "We lived together when you were young. I left you because Erwin did the same thing he did to you. I was also on a job at the time and they threatened you. So I sent Kenny to take care of you because I knew I couldn't come back down."

I laughed at that. "Take care of me? He didn't do that. He threw me out with a blade. Levi you have no idea what happened to me down there."