The Guy, the Girl, the Party

Here's a short little blurb that I wrote and idk where it's going, but I thought I'd post it here :) hope you enjoy 

******

His eyes were as blue as the sea and his smile could light up the room. Whenever he entered a room, people would stop and stare. He didn't seem to noticed. People would then continue with their conversation and he would start a conversation with a nearby friend. Despite being funny and kind and loving to talk, he found it hard to talk to new people. It' not that he wouldn't welcome a stranger with a happy smile and warm conversation, he just wouldn't be the one to start the conversation. Sure, he would make it carry on and flow, but getting to that point can be difficult.

Tonight he was at a nearby house near campus. It has the feeling of a small get-together even though there seemed to be many people there, majority of them he didn't know. With a room full of people he either knew well, somewhat well, or not at all, he was happy to be there. As he looked around the room, he couldn't help but let a small smile appear on his face. This was the kind of place to be. He shook out his shaggy somewhat long blonde hair. He really needed a haircut. 

The room buzzed with conversation. Everyone seemed to be engrossed with some story or another. As his eyes scoped the room, he noticed a girl sat on the couch in the corner of the room. She sat there picking at her fingernails which were currently painted orange. She didn't seem particularly interested in the girl that sat next to her who seemed to be, very animatedly, telling her something. As he continued to observe her, he noticed her odd clothing. Despite the house being absurdly hot, she wore a periwinkle overcoat. It contrasted with her bright yellow pants and red rain boots even though it hadn't rained in months. Her frizzy brown hair seemed to tie the whole look together. This girl had peaked his interest. 

He didn't know whether or not to try to introduce himself to her or not. The girl looked like she could be saved by her, what look like, boring conversation. He stood there debating on what to do. His friend was in the middle of telling him a story that he wasn't really listening to. When his friend finally finished he decided that he was going to go talk to this girl. He politely excused himself and headed to the tan couch in the corner of the room where this girl still resided picking at her nails. The other girl that was once there appeared to have left. He sat next to her. Reaching his hand out he said, "Hi, I am Matt." She looked at his hand and then his face. 

"Uh hi, I'm Amy."