Chapter twenty two - outstanding move

Dark angels primaris, Asmodai and Azrael and mechanicus were walking in silence inside of the moon base. Azrael was looking around, trying to find any clues in the schemes of mechanicus. However, he didn't found anything, so far, this base is looking like any mechanicus base. Asmodai was looking around in fast manner, while breathing heavily and cleansing his fist on his weapon. Primaris forces were calm, they're just from Cawl's tubes, and didn't know anything about dark angels secrets. As the pass another corridor, they meet a confusing sight - two space marines of unknown chapter, with unknown marks on their armor. They didn't looked like chaos marines or fallen, they're just like any regular space marines. Marines were talking about something, but as mechanicus with guests were sighted, they stopped. Tensions were raised in the two hearts of Asmodai and Azrael, but mechanicus looked like this marines were always here.

"Greetings, tactical marine"

Greeted tech priests.

"Greetings, tech priest, i see that our guests are arrived"

Said one of the marines.

"Indeed, want to join in escort ?"

Two marines looked at each other and said:

"We can, we aren't busy, our turn for guarding duty would came in two hours"

They moved with the dark angels. Azrael asked:

"I have a question, who are you, cousins ?"

Unknown marine immediately answered:

"None of your business"

Azrael was angered:

"What do you mean ?! I'm the chapter master of the dark angels, and i demand answers !"

"Chapter master of dark angels, not ours, we don't need to spill you our information... You will get your answers in time, though"

The rest of the road they walked in silence. They arrived at the huge room. Inside was a round table with the holo projection of the planet below. Behind the map, three individuals were standing with their arms crossed. First one captain, second one was chaplain and the third one was... Huge marine, in the size of the primarch. He was wearing huge power armor, with the number "II' on his pauldrons.

The huge one said:

"I thought you never come. Greetings in the Remnant's system from the name of the second legion"

As dark angel heard that phrase, they were stunned in shock. The second legion isn't exist, because the second primarch was lost. And this figure claims, that this legion IS exist... One question still stands: is they are loyalists or the renegades ?

"The second legion welcome you in this system, the system of Remant. The home planet of the legion. I'm... The primarch... Of lightbringers legion... Jaune Arc"

He said. Dark angels were more shocked. This person is the PRIMARCH, one of the lost sons of the Emperor. Truly, they believed him. His size is primarch's, his troops didn't looked like renegades. Dark angels kneeled before him.

"Stand up. No need to kneel, I'm not your father"

"Lord Jaune... It is a honor to meet the son of the Emperor"

This meeting didn't last long, Jaune explained everything about this world and the legion. Dark angels were angered, that the second legion didn't follow the codex astartes and full of abhumans, but they didn't went against his choice. Dark angels got their information and started to load themselves in the thunderhawks for a road back. But Jaune saw battle barge, coming from the warp.

"Oh ! That's a ship, that archmagos wanted to give us, finally"

Said one of the primaris.

This barge wasn't painted and was the only one. The one battle barge in the space... Jaune knew what he needs to do in this situation. Primaris wouldn't see this coming and their hopes will be turned to dust. He, lightbearer and the chaplain said in unison:

"D I B S !"