Chapter 9

"You know, if Tyler is blackmailing you or anything, just tell me. I can go and throw him a punch or two right now. Although, your pictures say you actually had fun with him yesterday." Alec repeated for the nth time today. He was really into finding a reason to punch Aaron because he was not able to get me home within an hour yesterday. He opened the car door for me and walked towards the driver's side.

"I told you he didn't. It was my choice to go with him. He's fine." I tucked my seatbelt in and adjusted the car seat to relax myself.

"You sure?"

I nodded. We drove off.

He sighed again. He still wasn't over it. It's not like this was the first time Aaron and I had a scandal like this. Although, all scandals before yesterday were stupid, nonsense and just doesn't make sense.

"I just don't get why you would go with him. Didn't you just tell me yesterday at the awarding that you really hate his guts? Why did you suddenly go with him and you allowed yourself to be reckless. That is so not you. I am not really arguing because I like seeing you glowing. I'm just really worried if he poisoned you or something"

I sighed. Sometimes the over-protectiveness accompanied by his wild imaginations are of a level I don't understand.  "It's a long story."

"Mind telling me? Am I missing something?"

"Gray talked to me yesterday at the party." I started, remembering the harsh words I took from the guy I've been trying to fight for. "He wants us to stop with our revenge. He told me to move on and forget about my rage."

"That bastard. What the hell is wrong with him? Was the power that my father gave him enough for him to walk away from his principles?"

I shrugged and slumped in my seat. Gray Aldaine used to stand to his choices. He used to be superior and smart. He would do everything to fulfil his words. I guess he wasn't a man of his words after all.

"What did you say?"

I shook my head. "I unconsciously teared up. And then Aaron came pulling me because he saw me crying. He asked if I wanted distraction. I guess my emotions got the best of me and I became irrational and followed him."

"But it helped, didn't it?"

"Yeah. I don't actually regret it. Aaron helped me a lot yesterday and I figured that I might have judged him wrongly all these time. He isn't such a bad guy after all."

Alec reached for my hand. "Still, be careful around him."

I nodded.

Several more articles were released regarding Aaron and I dating. Some theories even say that we are actually married. We both have given our testaments that we were not dating and we were just hanging out. No one would buy it. It was unbelievable after all but it was the most rational reason that we came up with. The issue won't probably die for another week.

We were nearing Ford International. As much as I enjoyed our adventure yesterday, I still had connections that I needed to protect. I am sure that the old man is very disappointed. Even if he is such a nice guy, we all know that he can hold grudges. I bet I'm going to have a hard time asking for pardon. We really can't afford him to back out on our business deal, not when we are about to launch our new venture where he promised to help us with.

Several workers at the Ford building were giving me mischievous looks while we walked towards Mr. Ford's office. I tried to block them all out but some still didn't escape my eye. Someone even gave me a thumbs up like I did a good job.

"Mr. Ford." I greeted as soon as I entered his office. He had his head down reading a paper in his desk. He ignored me. I walked closer to his table. "I am really sorry about yesterday –"