Chapter 17

Alec and Gabby were sitting on the gazeebo by the garden. It was just after lunch and it was Gabby's third day and her flight back to the Philippines to work. Alec had a laptop in front of him while she was just sitting there watching him.

"It might just have been purely coincidence Gabby. There are so many people in the world with the initials SJA." He turned his laptop around to show her his screen "There are 113 companies and start ups all over the world that is named SJA. It's going to take us forever before we can even find out what this SJA stand for. But, we have to start where we can and you can't solely focus on little Miss Sunshine."

"It just doesn't feel right. She has a different aura around her"

"Now you're a clairvoyant?"

"I just feel like she plays a big role in this. I just can't seem to shake it off. She said she was on my side."

"She said she is your fan." He argued. "And yes. She obviously plays a big role here because she turns out to be Gray's fiancé."

"Are you going to ignore my input?"

Alec sighed as he wrote on his book "All right, we'll start with her. To give you a peace of mind"

"Am I allowed in this conversation?" Aaron's voice suddenly echoed.

The two simultaneously looked at him as he was walking towards them. When he reached Gabby, he tilted her head up and kissed her lips.

"Are you really doing this in front of me?" Alec argued. "How did you even get in?"

Aaron pointed towards the door of the house where his sister was hiding on one of the curtains trying her best to contain her giggles. He shooed her away.

"Your sister let me in" Aaron answered.

"And now she knows. You're going to have to explain this to her"

Gabby hit Aaron's arm and he winced. He sat down beside her.

"Why are you here?" She asked inspecting his outfit. He was only wearing a loose shirt and jeans.

"I came to fetch you." He answered throwing Alec a confused look. "Didn't he tell you? He called me"

"I need to go somewhere tonight so I told him to come pick you up. I didn't know he would be this early. Your flight is not in 4 hours"

"I don't like rushing"

"Where are you going?" Gabby asked.

"Just to meet up with some friends" he answered, completely avoiding her eyes. She knew he felt off and that he was hiding something from her. She would have pushed for it but Aaron was there with them and Alec hated other people butting in to their private matters.

Gabby just snorted. "Anyway" she said pushing the laptop back to Alec. "How about Mystique?"

Alec typed again and showed it to her. "A series of books, several antique shops and a witch shop in Thailand"

Gabby sighed.

"Your flashbacks are so vague Gabby. We need something more specific. Try to remember clearly but please don't get an attack."

"Isn't forcing her to remember a bit dangerous?" Aaron asked. He fished out Gabby's tablet from his pocket. Gabby just smiled at his gesture.

"It's okay." She assured. "The flashbacks or attacks as we call them happen out of the blue. It happens when I look at something vaguely close to that moment and that's when I start to remember. I'm just pissed at why everything doesn't just show at once. I have to suffer several times just to remember one thing"