Chapter 23

"They are onto us" Gray uttered, turning off his phone and putting in back into his pocket. He had just listened to the recording that Harold sent him and even if his name was never mentioned, he knew for a fact that it won't take long until everything is traced back to him.

Sarah giggled a little "Well, what do you expect?" she answered. "We've been doing this quietly for a few years and suddenly you rushed as if you've got a bad premonition"

He had to or it would all be for naught.

But, Gray couldn't tell her. It was not his place to tell anybody about Gabby's condition. He wallowed on it for days and nights. For now, the most important thing was that he knew, and because he doesn't know what the future holds, he needed to double time.

"Now, we really begin"

Sarah nodded at him with full determination in her eyes. She hooked her arms on Gray's and they both cruised inside the hallway of Topnet Securities towards Bill Caster's office, the CEO of the company.

Topnet Securities is the leading security and brokerage company in the whole United States. It has also been regarded as one of the most successful business for the past 10 years, always beating the Grayson Communications by a huge margin.

Bill Caster, the CEO is the 3rd richest man in the world according to Forbes today, the first in the country. He had beat Anthony to this position and held onto it for 10 years. He was Anthony Grayson's main competition.

The two had arrived.

The receptionist didn't even ask for identifications from them as if she has been expecting their arrival. She merely gave a small bow and allowed them to get inside the office.

"Gray, Sarah!" A warm welcome greeted them. "It has been awhile. How have you two been?"

Bill had always been very jolly. The old man of 62 years had a built closely identical to that of St. Nicholas. He had white hair and beard, he was quite small and had a protruding belly and he was always smiling. Despite managing the biggest company in the country, no signs of stress is visible on his face.

Gray shook hands with the man while Sarah leaned closer to give a cheek to cheek. "We've been great" she answered. "I trust you have been doing well yourself?"

"Definitely!" he enthusiastically answered. He gestured for them to take a seat and they did. The receptionist came in and served them with tea.

Despite the seemingly pleasant closeness between them, Gray was still on his feet. His mind was going through all the worst possible scenarios that may take place in this meeting and at the same time drawing in solutions for them. Everything was unpredictable. But, he was determined. He was not going to leave this place without achieving his goal.

"We've heard that you just acquired DNC Network" Sarah said seeping from her hot cup of tea. "You really are amazing with this. It's like you were born to thrive in business. Everything you do just succeeds."

"Oh, you flatter me" he laughed loudly, even holding his belly. "I am not going to take credit in all of this. I have wonderful and amazing people around me that are constantly helping me."

Sarah smiled until the laughter ceased. Suddenly, she placed her cup back in the table and leaned back in the chair to gain some ground. She crossed her legs and her arms across her chest and looked at the old man with and intimidating look.
Gray gulped as he saw how the two exchanged dangerous glances.

"On that note..... I need you to hand over your empire" She said. Her voice was so determined and brave. She was so fearless.

Gray could only stare at her. Everyone who meets this girl would say that she was a bubble of sunshine because she was always smiling, she is always kind and she knows how to flatter everyone she talks to. That is Gray's first impression of her when they first met. As he got to know her more, he realized that she was more than just the pretty face and the infectious smile. She is expressive, she is brave, she is powerful. Gray could never hold a candle to this girl. Without her, he would not be able to get this far.