Trapped

A single twitch. The only movement in the cell. A single twitch of a single finger on a shackled hand. One twitch turned to two. Two twitches turned to five, which then turned to ten. A small sense of feeling began to run through the manacled arms. Each freckle, each hair full of tiny shocks of energy.

Closed eyes moved around underneath a slowly creasing forehead. He couldn't open his eyes. Why couldn't he open his eyes? With great difficulty he used his beaten hand and pushed his body up with a grand gasp of pain.

His body was on fire. Each limb was sore, each beat of his heart pushed against his chest. He felt alive... yet he couldn't open his eyes. Alive but not awake.

Minutes passed before the overwhelming wave of his senses dimmed and he managed to pry open his heavy eyes. Blackness greeted him. No matter what direction he turned or how hard he enlarged or squinted his eyes he couldn't see anything.

Lifting his tense arm to his face he felt a smooth, solid surface greet him. He was blindfolded. Why? Did she really think a single blindfold would send him into a fit of rage. No, he knew what had to be done, what had to be taken, to let his friends and to let Auradon live.

Alive and awake.

Taking in a shuddery breath he pushed his back against the cold, rough stone wall and wrapped his hands around his legs. With a heavy sigh he allowed himself to rest for a while. Who knows when he would be able to rest next?

'Probably when I'm dead.' Carlos thought before drifting off into nothingness.