A Good Laugh

Uma was pacing down the corridors of the dormitories. She knew that if she spent time looking at the beauty and safety of her environment she would feel all kinds of angry and would hold up the mission.

After all, this was about saving Carlos, not about getting revenge. That could be for another day.

On the other hand Gil was making all kinds of noises every single step he took:

"Woah, you have not broken windows? Awesome!"

"I can't believe you have food everywhere. And the, what were they called... grapes, yeah, they're so awesome. I wish I could eat grapes on the Isle."

She felt sorry for Gil as she knew even when they saved Carlos they wouldn't be able to stay. But she would try to get Gil to have a chance here, she and Harry had to get back to the crew. No ship was a good ship without a captain and their first mate.

"Hey, Audrey's dorm is here." Jay stated jogging ahead of Uma to a golden rimmed door on the left.

It was unlocked. They carefully crept into the room and started searching for something, anything that might help.

They may have spent an hour or so looking but they came up empty handed.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing!" Jay shouted, his face full of rage.

"Well maybe she's not as dumb as everyone thought she was. Like me." Gil said.

Uma felt pity towards her friend. Gil was nice and kind, and yes not the smartest, but didn't deserve the way he was treated by the rest of the world.

"Well, whatever, let's go." she declared before stalking out of the room. Her fingertips feeling the ghost of a lush velvet blanket.

Reluctantly Jay followed with Gil behind him.

"I remember," Jay spoke quietly to nobody in particular, "it was when we had just arrived from the Isle. Me and Carlos wanted to have some fun so we broke into the girls' dorms and placed traps everywhere. Trip wires, falling paint bombs, all sorts of stuff. And it was great 'cuz Carlos was having fun without having to think about the consequences."

Uma gazed over to Jay who had a single tear rolling down his face, not that he would admit it was.

"Well, when we get out of here Carlos will need someone to make him smile and laugh, so, hang in there or whatever." she spoke, trying to show sympathy.

'This is Auradon's fault.' she declared to herself. Making her all soft, uhh.

"Yeah... Thanks Uma."

After that they continued in a peaceful silence whilst walking back to Beast's statue.