Decisions, Decisions

Carlos woke up with a start. His eyes were begging to stay shut but he willed them open. Those memories were far to real. He looked down at his arms and legs to see no bloody cuts or purple bruises only small, thin scars scattered all across his body.

On the inside, it was all to real: his heart felt heavy and the years of trauma and pent up emotions was too much. He could feel his insides turning at the memories of his childhood.

It seemed there wasn't one completely nice memory from his life on the Isle, each moment could be his last, every day was another battle to fight. He felt pity towards the children left on the Isle when he and the gang were offered a chance at a new life in Auradon. He hoped that one day in the future all of the Isle kids could come over to Auradon to begin again. This was one of the main reasons Carlos was so adamant about stopping Audrey.

Even when she took all of his powers it would be too much to handle and she would have to stop, to admit defeat, and accept the help Carlos was offering her. He just had to hold on a little longer. He could still feel the magic in his veins and new there was much more to relive and re-experience before he would willingly give it up.

However, deep down he prayed the gang would come in search of him before anything got too out of hand. Although he willingly left them he still had faith.

But further down than that was the constant nagging feeling of hopelessness and the dislikable belief that they didn't really care about him at all.

"Aw boo-hoo Carlos. Your pity party is disgusting to watch. Do you know how I felt after Ben left me and made Mal his queen? Do you? Do you! No. I'd never been so angry in all of my life. And now, I'm getting revenge. I wasn't bad enough for him, but now I'll be so bad he'll have to come back and rule under me in the new Auradon." she declared triumphantly.

"And you, you pathetic dog. You've been broken far too long that no-one even notices that anything's wrong. If I were you I wouldn't give another thought to your so called 'friends', they ditched you like mine ditched me... But you know?" she started with a menacing smirk, "I would let you join me Carlos. You could my bravest warrior and adviser. Pledge your loyalty to me and we can stop all of this pain now." she offered.

Carlos knew better than to say yes, but the idea was just so tempting. A life free of his mother and all of the people putting him down. A chance to let go of the past and start afresh.

But how could he leave his friends to a ghastly fate? He couldn't turn his back on the place that accepted him and gave him a chance to be better than he was, could he?

"No," he answered with all of his willpower, "I won't let you destroy my home, our home, Audrey. You need to stop this and let me help you. Please." he begged.

"No!" she screamed casting a spell on Carlos. His body felt like it was about to explode. Every muscle was screaming in pain. His heart slowly getting crushed.

"I gave you a chance to stop your pain. Bur your pathetic nobility will be the cause of your death. You do know once I extract all of your magic you will be helpless and under the mercy of my judgement. And let me tell you, you just made your death bed." she declared and stormed out of the room.

Carlos could only watched through half-closed eyes as Audrey's jagged cloak disappeared from behind the door. His eyes were too heavy and he felt the all to familiar tug at his heart. Reluctantly his eyes fell shut.