While You Sleep

I got up from the waiting room chair as Nadia came down the hall with a concerned expression on her face. "What happened? It doesn't make sense. I was just speaking with her, she sounded fine." Nadia stated as she shook her head at me once we stood in front of each other.

"The doctors think it was a—uh, heart attack." I informed quietly as I folded my arms over my chest.

"Trust me, Katherine Pierce is not going to die of a heart attack." Nadia replied with a dry chuckle but I knew she was scared. "We both know our mother. She will fight this—" She started quickly before Stefan cut her off as he stood next to me in an instant.

"She's dying. Every single organ in her body is failing. Vampire blood can't save her." Stefan stated towards Nadia as I looked down before he gave a small sigh. "I compelled the doctors to let me take her home so she's more comfortable, but she's dying.. they don't think she'll survive the rest of the day." He added softly I turned back to Nadia to see her eyes glaze over. I exchanged a look with Stefan before he gave me a small nod and walked away from us quietly as I put a reassuring hand on Nadia's shoulder.
~~~

I stared at the alarm clock next to me from Elena's bed before I scoffed at the time and pulled the sheet over my head. The doors opened and I groaned lightly, pulling it over more. "Okay, time to wake up, sleepy head." Caroline stated as she came in and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not leaving this bed." I replied emotionlessly before I heard a sigh come from above me.

"Which is why we brought breakfast to you." Bonnie's vice replied and I rose my eyebrow a little before the sheets were pulled off of me and I scoffed to see her, Caroline and Elena standing above me.

"There are specific reasons I am staying here for a limited time. And being woken up with the sheets pulled off of me, isn't one of them." I stated in annoyance as I looked at them before my eyes trailed down towards the platter of food Bonnie held. "What's all this?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at the arrangement of muffins, bananas, pancakes and bacon, while Caroline held champagne and organize juice.

"This is your breakup breakfast!" Caroline said enthusiastically from above me and I sighed back at her.

"I'm sorry.. What?" I asked in disbelief towards her, making Bonnie clear her throat as she exchanged a cautious look with Elena.

"Too soon?" Caroline asked in defeat and I sighed and sat up against the headboard as she popped the cork off of the champagne bottle.

"Too soon, yet too late." I replied in annoyance as I stared at the wall across from me.

"That's it? You and Damon practically spent two years pining after each other. You're just gonna give up?" Bonnie asked in disbelief towards me as she put the platter in the beside table and I shrugged.

"As she should." Elena replied and I rose an eyebrow at her. "I mean, he did say, and I quote—'I am a bad person. I am bad for you, and I am choosing to let you go'." She added, making me furrow my eyebrows at her as she stood beside Caroline who made mimosas.

"You memorized my breakup?" I asked in annoyance towards her before Bonnie sighed.

"Drink this." Caroline stated, handing me the mimosa that she made and I gave a shirt nod and took it, downing it and watching as the three girls rose an eyebrow at me.

"Another?" I asked, tilting my head at Caroline and handing her the glass back. "I mean I know him.. If Damon makes his mind up about something? It's done." I added with a shrug and Caroline nodded in agreement as my phone started ringing. We all rose our eyebrows before Caroline grabbed my phone and looked at the caller I.D.