Let It Out

-Katherine-

"Hey, Stefan. Uh, it's me." I stated into the line as I walked around Whitmore campus. "I was just, uh, wondering—I mean, I know things are kind of crazy, and you're probably busy, but maybe you might want to come to campus and we can get a drink, or I don't know, talk?" I asked with a chuckle as I put a hand in my back pocket.

"So you're trying to get back with Stefan." Matt stated in disbelief from the other side of the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"I didn't ask you to editorialize. I asked you if that was something that Elena would say." I pointed out in annoyance as I stopped walking.

"Yeah, I guess." Matt agreed with a sigh and I nodded back in agreement.

"Walk away and forget this conversation." I heard Nadia compel him as she took the phone back and I rose an eyebrow. "Are you happy? Can I leave now?" She added in defeat and I sighed.

"No. Stay close. Matt is my Elena Gilbert cheat sheet and he's the only one that I can compel. I didn't go through all the drama of taking over this body so that I could be outed because I didn't know Bonnie's middle name—which is Sheila. After her Grams, by the way." I pointed out in a matter of fact tone as I shrugged around some leaves from under my boots.

"You promised we would spend some time together." Nadia replied in a disappointment tone and I rolled my eyes a bit. "How long do you expect me to sit around the Mystic Grill like some sad, lonely bar fly?" She added in annoyance and I scoffed lightly.

"Oh, please. Don't pretend that babysitting Matty-blue eyes is some sort of hardship. I mean, didn't you lure him and Rebekah into your bed in Prague?" I asked in amusement before Nadia sighed from the other side of the phone.

"I didn't lure him. And I wasn't compelling him to forget anything. He's not a puppet." Nadia countered in defense and I rose an eyebrow back at her.

"Ah, okay, I get it. You like him. That's adorable." I replied in amusement before Nadia scoffed from the phone.

"Okay, I'm hanging up now." She stated in some embarrassment before the line cut off and I smirked down at the phone.

-Mariana-

I walked down the stairs, putting on my jacket in confusion as I saw broken bottles lining the hallway.. I rose an eyebrow and followed them only to lead passed the open front door and into the living room which was a much bigger mess. Damon lightly groaned as he lay on one of the couches. "So this is where you wound up.." I pointed out quietly as I walked on broken glass from many alcohol bottles. I heard footsteps come in from behind me to see Stefan who looked at Damon and gestured around the house in confusion and annoyance.

"Hey.. Sorry about the mess. I had some company and things got a little out of hand." Damon pointed out groggily as he got up from the couch and let an empty bourbon bottle fall out of his hand.

"You want to tell me what the hells going on out in the driveway?" Stefan asked with furrowed brows as he gestured out the door.

"The driveway—" I started before Damon cut me off quickly.

"I let Enzo drive last night.. He's a little out of practice. We almost ended up in the damn foyer." Damon answered in some amusement and I rose an eyebrow and exchanged a look with Stefan.

"Enzo?" I asked, completely confused as I looked between the two as Damon looked away from me in anger, I felt.

"Uh, no. I meant Aaron Whitmore, whom I found in the trunk of the car. Pretty much looking like someone used him as a five course meal." Stefan pointed out sarcastically and I widened my eyes and looked back at Damon who slowly nodded.