ch.6

Irene downed her wine as she got her hair done, looking in the vanity mirror she saw her hair being curled and her makeup being done

Irene downed her wine as she got her hair done, looking in the vanity mirror she saw her hair being curled and her makeup being done. Today was the funeral for Jungkook's grandmother. She had died late last night, and out of respect for the old woman, she decided to attend. Yeri was beside her. Sitting, waiting for Irene to finish so they could leave for the Blue Kingdom. 

Yeri was in a black short dress with black pumps, with dangling silver earrings. Yeri was sad but excited at the same time. She would get to see Jungkook again, but he would be sad and would have no time for her. She drifted off thinking about him, and what would happen when she would arrive at the funeral. It didn't take long before Irene stood in front of her snapping her fingers. 

"Yeri...KIM YERIM LISTEN TO ME!" Irene shouted, wanting the young girl's attention. Yeri snapped back into reality, "yes mother, I mean majesty." 

She earned a slap across the face, "I told you to never call me that." Irene huffed. "Now come on, we're leaving." 

The woman turned around and walked away, her heels tapping and echoing through the marble walls. She entered the car and waited for Yeri to get in. She was exhausted, and didn't even want to go to the stupid funeral, but had to. She didn't want to seem suspicious, but it was also a morally right thing to do. The car started and they were on the way to the blue kingdom. 

The funeral was going to be held at a lake. It wasn't ideal for a funeral, but it seemed like a nice location. The car ride was silent and the only sound was the faint music from the driver's seat. Irene looked at the window, remembering the last funeral she went to. It was her mother's. Irene never met her father, so she had no one else but her mother. 

When she died, Irene took the opportunity to change the kingdom. The kingdom in Irene's eyes was weak and was slowly withering, as more citizens kept leaving. So Irene changed all that she put down strict rules, changed up staff, had the guards become tougher, etcetera. 

Irene looked at Yeri and saw the red mark where she slapped the young girl. She silently snickered at how pitiful she looked, she had raised Yeri ever since she was a small child. It was funny to see her as an adult, but it didn't matter so that funny thought was brushed off. 
-----------------------------------------------------------

Namjoon and Joy were sitting next to each other at the bar. Namjoon wanted a drink, and Joy wasn't allowed out of his sight so she had to come. After that accident with the minotaur, he's been more cautious with sending Joy anywhere. 

Namjoon had been feeling weird lately towards her. Once he noticed she was becoming closer with Jin he felt a little jealous he admitted, and what got him worked up was their skinship towards one another. Always holding hands or hugging, well is what he was told by Hwasa who had witnessed them being so close. 

It was funny, his tiny infatuation with Joy might come back. He didn't know, but he knew he would be watching Jin from now on. Joy tapped his shoulder. 

"Your majesty, the funeral is starting. We must get to our seats," she said, looking at him with innocent eyes. He nodded, following behind her, he observed her figure. The red-haired girl wore her hair down, she had on a black dress shirt with a white ruffle neck, and a leather skirt, paired with simple black heels. She walked with grace and undeniably had a presence to her. Somewhat of a tone. 

They made it to their seats and the funeral began. He looked around and saw Jin and nodded at him, he also noticed Irene and all the other rulers. He hadn't seen the Blue Prince yet, or his bodyguard. 

Music started playing and everyone turned around to see the dead body of the prince's grandmother being held up in the air by fairies. It was a sad, but beautiful scene. Because they were by a blue lake the fairies very gently put the old woman down and let her float into the middle of it. Soon, the prince and his bodyguard came out with an old woman. The woman was tiny and looked frail, but had a youthful feeling to her. 

The small woman held on to the prince's shoulder. He then turned around and faced the guest. 

"Thank you, everyone, for coming," the prince said with grief and pain in his voice. 

"Right here next to me is the last witch from the war." A silent gasp fell upon the crowd of people. "I have given her permission to be here. And to stay alive until she has performed the task she has been given. Now she will send my grandmother's soul off." 
-----------------------------------------------------------

" -----------------------------------------------------------

Joy watched the woman in amazement. She was like her, she had a special power just like her, it was a feeling she couldn't describe. The old woman's dark black eyes turned a neon green, she cast a spell joy was familiar with since her own family used to use the same. Once the old lady was finished the dead body floated in the air and dispersed into blue dust. 

Joy watched, it was an extraordinary sight. But soon the beautiful sight was ruined when the old woman was then restrained and taken away by a couple of guards. She gasped, she saw the woman's face and it had no expression on it, it was a dead stare. She looked cold and as if life wasn't even a thing for her. 

She watched in horror and fell into a silent scream when she heard the terrified screaming of the woman as they killed her. Tears poured down her face, Namjoon noticed Joy quietly freaking out and all he did was hold her close and walked away from the scene. Comforting the crying woman, he pats her head and gently spoke to her. She quickly removed herself from his grasp and wiped her face. 

"I'm sorry, that was unprofessional of me," Joy said as she took deep breaths. Namjoon shook his head, "No, it's alright, do you want to talk about it?" Joy was conflicted, but she decided to tell him. 

"Um...when I was younger, before I came to the kingdom, I lived in the enchanted forest with my family and when the war between witches and wizards broke out they were killed in a crossfire....and because of the law after the war, the screams....the screams just brought back memories..." 

Joy felt so terrified that if they found out she was a witch they'd kill her like they killed others. The way they slowly tortured them, using charms to restrict their powers. It was a constant fear.