Let the Tournament Begin! S1 E2

💚 Edited--12.6.20 💚

"Chelsea, I want you dressing up nicely for all of these matches because one of these men could be your future husband," my Father said, walking out after his hour long talk about my duties.

"Yes, Father," I muttered back.

At first I was going to wear a beautiful dress but then I thought to myself, 'who am I actually trying to impress? No one.'

So, I wore what I felt comfortable wearing.

'Father's going to love this,' I thought smirking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I arrived at the arena, I went and sat in my seat beside Morgana, while my Father took his seat on my other side. He was about to say something about my outfit choice when the tournament started.

All of the competitors, including Arthur, entered the arena and stood in two lines in front of Father.

I saw Arthur in the front line and gave him a smile to which he returned when our Father looked away. When he was in the arena, he wasn't supposed to have any communication with the audience.

My father then got up to join them in the arena. He had to go down there to do another one of his "motivational" speeches.

"Knights of the realm. It is a great honour to welcome you to the tournament at Camelot. Over the next few days, you will come to put to test your bravery, your skills as warriors, and of course, to challenge the reigning champion- my son, Prince Arthur. Only one can have the honour of being crowned champion. And for that person, there is a great reward at the end of it. My daughter--Princess Chelsea. The reward is her hand in marriage," my Father said. Most of the men's wondering eyes fell over to me and I wanted nothing more than to just be swallowed up by the earth right there and then but I wasn't, unfortunately. "Not only that, but he will receive 1000 gold pieces." At this the crowd started to mutter in distinctively. "It is in combat that we learn a knights true nature--whether he is indeed a warrior or a coward. The tournament begins!"

Everyone cheered loudly; anticipation was suffocating everyone as we waited for Arthur's battle.

Arthur's battle was first and he was against someone who I knew not his name. They got into fighting positions and then charged.

I watched anxiously as Arthur gave hits but then, although it wasn't as many, received a few.

"GO ON ARTHUR!" I yelled from the stands.

The knight in green swiped at his stomach then his legs before going for the head. Arthur only just ducked and I turned away.

Arthur went in for the attack when he swung back and elbowed the knight in the face causing him to fall back and lose.

The crowd erupted in cheers and so did I.

"YES! GO ON ARTHUR! WOOOO!" I yelled, causing him to turn to me and smile.