An Act of Insanity S1 E7

💚 Edited--02.07.2020💚

Merlin and I were following Arthur into his room to discuss the sleeping arrangement of the castles visitors.

"Make sure you put her in a decent room," Arthur told Merlin, as we entered.

"Looks like someone's got a crush," I taunted.

"Yeah, the one next door is empty," Merlin added.

"The one next door's fine, excellent in fact." Arthur said. Merlin and I glanced at each other smiling. "Shut up, you two," Arthur snapped, but I could see that he was smiling.

"We didn't say anything," I defended.

"You didn't have to. I want to make it clear that my intentions towards Sophia are completely honourable," Arthur told us, putting on his coat. "Put her in a room on the other side of the castle. It's warmer, more comfortable."

"Of course," Merlin said.

Arthur stood over by his bed sorting out his coat, looking distracted so I shuffled over to where Merlin was standing. Under the table, I grabbed his hand and gently stroked the back of it. I felt him tense up slightly as he turned to look at me wide eyed. He nodded slightly towards Arthur and I looked at him faking confusion.

"She is very beautiful," I said to Arthur, still stroking Merlins hand.

"Yes, she is," Arthur said, gazing off into the distance. He then turned away to sort out his outfit better so I decided to torment Merlin even more.

I quietly walked round behind him and reached up on my tiptoes. Flirtatiously, I leaned in and kissed him softly on the neck. Subconsciously, he leaned into it.

"So much for being careful," he whispered to me.

"I'm feeling reckless today," I whispered into his ear.

"You think?" He asked sarcastically. Arthur then began to turn around, so I quickly returned to my place beside Merlin before Arthur saw. "Anyways if you're intentions are honourable..." Merlin began to say to Arthur.

"Oh, they are, definitely," Arthur confirmed.

"Then what's the problem with her staying next door?" Merlin asked, I bite my lip to try and stop myself from laughing at Arthur's face.

"There isn't one," Arthur told us. "You've convinced me. Put her in the room next to mine."

Merlin and I smirked at each other and Arthur rolled his eyes at us.

"Well, What are you waiting for? Go and show her to her room," Arthur told Merlin. He then turned back away and Merlin went to leave the room.

I was still holding Merlins hand and tugged him back before he could leave. Despite the fact that Arthur only stood a few meters away, I pulled Merlin in for a kiss.

He obliged and placed his hand on my lower back and deepened the kiss. He pulled me so close that it was impossible to be any closer. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed back harshly.

He pulled away after a few more seconds and I kissed his cheek.

"Yeah, Merlin. Go do what you're told," I smirked.

"Yes, of course, your highness," he bowed mockingly.

Merlin turned and left the room just as Arthur turned back round.