The Mage Stone S1 E12

That night, I was having a perfectly normal and clear sleep as I had drank the potion that Gaius had given me. That was until the same feeling approached in my stomach. Someone was using magic in Camelot and it wasn't Merlin or myself. I knew I would need to talk to Merlin about this tomorrow.

The next morning after I was up and ready, I went straight down to see Merlin and Gaius to ask them about this. When I got there, I went in and saw them both sitting at their table.

"I'm sorry to intrude," I apologised.

"Not to worry, my dear. How did you sleep last night?" Gaius asked.

"A lot better, thank you. I had no nightmares but I had that same feeling again," I admitted.

"The magic one?" Merlin asked.

"Yeah, did you?" I countered.

"Yes," Merlin replied.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Come and look at this, it might help you understand," Gaius said, leading me over to his workbench.

Gaius pointed me towards a book that was open on a page about a...

"Mage stone," I read.

"Wonder of the ancients. Lost for a thousand years or more," Gaius explained.

"What does it do?" I asked.

"Theoretically, it could give the bearer the power of transformation," Merlin said.

"Gold. The power of alchemy," I added, figuring it out.

"Exactly. We believe it was the Mage Stone that the two of you sensed on the night of Tom's arrest," Gaius agreed.

"Of course! Gwen said that Tauren had some kind of stone and I know that when Tom was searched, Arthur found he had a block of pure gold," I added.

"Can I ask you guys something?" Merlin asked.

"Yeah," Gaius said.

"Do you think Uther's a good King?" Merlin asked.

"Sorry?" Gaius countered.

"Uther. Do you think he's good for the Kingdom?" Merlin nervously asked.

"No," I replied instantly.

"Yes. Yes, I do. In the light of recent events, you may find that hard to believe," Gaius admitted.

"Hard? No," Merlin started.

"Impossible? Definitely," I finished.

"Merlin, Chelsea..." Gaius warned.

"Everyone hates him," I said bluntly.

"It is not Uther's job to be liked. It is Uther's job to protect the Kingdom. Most of his methods are right. Sometimes he may go too far," Gaius defended.

"Really? You mean like executing anyone who even passes a sorcerer on the street?" Merlin said sarcastically.

"Yes. But despite Uther's failings, he has brought peace and prosperity to this Kingdom," Gaius explained.

"But at what cost? At the cost of the women and children, fathers and sons of Camelot? When will it end?" Merlin asked.

"It will end when Arthur is King," Gaius said.

"Then why not let that time be now? Why not let Arthur be King?" Merlin wondered.

"I'm no answering that. I may despise my Father, but I will not answer whether I think my Father should die," I said.