chapter seven | the one with the headaches

warning: contains multimedia, pls make sure you have working wifi! Some gifs kept disappearing so had to take screenshots of them instead of uploading them as gifs -- which is sad alright?

C H A P T E R S E V E N

the one with

the headaches: pre-hell week day 1

            Veronica was dragged out of bed the next morning

Veronica was dragged out of bed the next morning. Her eyes forcefully fluttered open as sunlight cut through her lids, body twisting around in reflex to plunge her back into the comforting darkness.

"Wake up," ordered Chloe as she tore the covers away from her. Veronica whined, staring up at her cousin with mascara smudged and hair up in a bun, curls sticking out in every way.

"What is happening?" Her voice was hoarse, scraping against her throat. She took the glass of water Chloe offered, taking a small sip.

"Stand up," She took the glass from her.

"Why?" Veronica tried to fight for the blanket, but Chloe was stubborn, and so she let go, covering her head under the pillow to block her out.

"Come on," she sternly spoke. "Allen leaves for work at seven forty-five, we don't have the keys, so let's go."

"Are you telling me you woke me up at seven-thirty for this?" Veronica snapped her head up to glower at her.

"It's actually seven. I need to leave in ten minutes, so hop off."

"You robbed me of hours of peaceful sleep," Veronica muttered as she begrudgingly stood. Chloe shoved a box full of colorful pens and scratch papers and notebooks against her stomach. She had Veronica's backpack swung over her shoulder, looking like a girl scout ready for a cookie sale hunt.

"Do you not have a job?" Veronica grumbled as she snatched her blanket and let it trail behind her, following Chloe, who looked immaculate with hair glowing and outfit complimenting her figure. While Veronica looked like a bat who just got out of hibernating inside its cave, hair a mess, face a mess, pajamas embarrassingly inconsistent, and she walked with a cloud thundering on top of her head.

She felt like she was a child being dropped off by her mom in kindergarten the moment Allen opened the door.

"Good morning!" Chloe grinned, a hand around Veronica's shoulder. Allen stood gawking for a second, assessing her entirely.

"Your couch better be comfortable." Her straight face looked like a glower because of its disarray. He blinked, lips sealing to conceal the amusement as it threatened to slip. He stepped aside, allowing her in.