chapter one | the one with the little black book of grudgz

C H A P T E R O N E

the one with
the little black book of grudgz

 the one withthe little black book of grudgz

FIVE YEARS LATER

A lot could change in five years. But not Chloe's overbearing nature. The Rules and Regulations paper remained unsigned, untouched, and un-laminated, and Chloe was becoming more and more infuriating each day passing by with Veronica and Danielle refusing to sign. She would throw them under the bus every chance she got, using the fact that they were wasting the opportunity to use a distinct clause that forbade Chloe to do so:

All parties are to treat each other with the utmost respect and disagreements are to be resolved with a coin toss;

Danielle got inside the living room, hair a mess, and pajama wrinkled, her slippers heavily scuffing against the tile as she made her way to the island where both Veronica and Chloe peacefully sat having breakfast. Her morning routine was the following: fish out the juice, close the fridge and check if the space was still blank under Veronica Walton's name.

Her habitual snort made Chloe's eyes roll in exasperation.

"Every damn morning?"

"I shall do it as long as I have my freedom." She contently sighed, pouring juice in her cup.

"Well, you won't be doing it for long."

"Neeeever gonna happen," Veronica coolly countered, fingers scrolling through her phone screen.

Chloe shot her a glare, sharp nails impatiently hammering against her mug. She blew the steam away while she watched Veronica shoving cereals inside her mouth. She carefully waited for her to chew for a few seconds, and right before she swallowed, she spoke: "So, Allen's back in the city."

Veronica's entire body froze; her head bowed, mouth full and elbows suddenly holding her whole weight. Her eyes slowly met Chloe's. She swallowed. "You're kidding."

"It would take all the fun away if I am."

"Woah." Danielle grinned, and Veronica rolled her eyes. "Are you planning on staying a virgin when he's around?"

Veronica's heart stirred. "Fucking bite me-"

"Good morning!" The door flew open as Ethan barged in with a wide grin, fixing his tie in the process.

"I'm taking that key away from you," Chloe snapped in annoyance.

He grinned as he pinched her cheek. She slapped his hand away, and he moved to pour himself a mug of coffee. He turned around and tilted his head with a frown as he looked at his sister's pale cheeks. "What's with the sour face, Ronnie?"