Chapter 7: Connetions

Never sleep hating someone you love or you might regret not seeing them when you wake up.
***

"Dad! Dad!"

"Excuse me Miss Mia but your father already left earlier." said one of the housekeeper from the kitchen hearing her knocking loudly at her father's room.

"Left already?!" She thought she could see her father this morning before he goes to another business trip. She just wants to apologize for acting like a brat last night.

She quickly go back to her room and dial one, "Sorry Ma'am, Mr. Bersaba's appointments are only available at Mrs. Cortes. She usually arrives around 9am." said the frontdesk when she called to ask where would her father be right now.

"Okay. Can you ask her later to give me a copy of Dad's schedule for the week? Thanks!" Mia requested. "Oh and wait... Jayson Schwartz is going to fetch me today, call me up if he arrives. That would be all." she hung up and just continued her daily routine before school.

At exactly 8:30am her bedside telephone rings. "Hmmp...he's prompt!" she thought before answering the phone. "Just give him something to drink first and tell him I'll be going down in a bit." Mia said to the other line. She take a last look at herself in the mirror, pulling some hair strands away from her face, grab her stuff and went down the lobby.

She recognized him just by looking at his back and an idea pops up her mind. She took her phone and take a quick shot of his back, she posted on her IG with a caption "Warning! To be revealed. Don't be so jealous when you see us coming to school together!" and shared also to her twitter.

Right after she posted, Jay turned around and saw her smiling at her phone. He smiled and greeted her. "Good day Anna! It was indeed a nice idea to fetch you before school. Seeing you smile made my day." and she blush in Jay's compliment.

"FYI, it's Mia not Anna. Noones calling me Anna anymore. It's so outdated." she replied hiding her emotions.

Ofcourse, who wouldn't fall for such flattery coming from Jayson David Schwartz, 5' 11", born and raised in Europe, blonde-messy-curl-short haircut like that of a hot-American surfer-look but with a distinct European accent and features.

"I'm used at calling you Anna. Though we haven't really met in person before last night. Since, Mom always refer to you as Anna whenever your Dad talks about you back home."

She just ignored his explanation and walk towards the entrance of their hotel but she stopped when she didn't find her car. The only car outside the hotel was a red 2010 Volkswagen model.

"Say hi to Ninja Volks, he will be our ride. I got international license so don't worry and I know how to get to school already. Been there yesterday afternoon for some paper works before I could be officially enrolled." Jay explained seeing the hesitation on her part. He opened the passenger side of his car and gestured at Mia to get in. Thinking she doesn't have a choice anymore she hops in the car.

She thought they we're in a fast forward because before she could get the seatbelt Jay is already pulling it from her side and doing it for her. Their checks were too close that she looked away to hide her pinkish face. She puts on a bit of blush-on before going to school but she knew deep inside it was not a fake blush. She blushed because Jay's face was too close at hers.

"Shall we go now?" she asked to divert the tension. "You're really fond of giving names I can see. Hello, Ninja Volks. How did you come up with that?"

"See, I told you. I thought it'll take me more days to convince you. Anyway, do you watch ninja turtle when you were a kid? The cartoons?"

"I did but not fond of it. I'd rather play with my barbies."

"Ofcouse. Ninja Turtles are boys thing I guess. I use to love that show. I get it from there looking at the cars shape and Volks short for Volkswagen." Jay explained.

"Not bad. Then it must have cost you a lot to bring Ninja Volks from Austria to here. Take a left at the next intersection." She instructed.

"Not bad for Ninja Volks?! Are you kidding me?! Not to brag but I really thought it was brilliant. Anyway, it would have cost a lot but you know how our parents' business can do right?"

"Brilliant huh?! Sooth yourself. I forgot our parents are on the same league. Why did I even ask."

"Connections!" they both said and burst in laughter.

They really are in the same league because for them not only money counts but connections as well. For them, the more rich people you know the more successful your business will be.

"By the way, have your Dad mentioned why I called you Anna?"

"I thought you said your Mom and my Dad always refer to me as Anna?!"

"Yes but they said. They first heard that when the 6year old me called you the first time we met."

"Really? Dad never mentioned that at all."

"You know, I use to giving special people in my life nicknames. I call you Anna from your first name without the M and the I?"

"I know how the name Anna spells. So I qualified as special people in your life already? We've just met last night." Mia letting out a sigh.

"Well then, lets see after few more days, Anna." he teases her.

She haven't noticed that they just passed the school gates. Until Jay asked "Where should we park?"

"That was fast." Mia thought.

"Time flies fast when your having fun." seems like Jay read her mind.

"What?" Mia surprise

"Where should we park, your highness?"

"Right. Take that curve, that's my parking space before that yellow car." He did as she told. As the car stopped she looked at her watch, they are 15mins early.

***
Do you think Mia and Jay got this "connection" between them? Is status in life really matters? What about Ed? Find out more...

VOTES, COMMENTS and SHARE are highly appreciated. Thank you!

📸: ctto

xoxo,
Be Charmed