Chapter 9: Pen and Paper

We are born genius. It's all up to us how to nurture that genius inside us.
***

"Finished or unfinished please pass you paper class. Five...four..." Miss Bright started the countdown. Some Varsy are cramming to finish their works. Other Tyco just pass their papers even with only 3 sentences or less. Ofcouse, Werds and Perf finished their papers before Miss Bright could even ask to pass it. Then, they continued with their first lecture about subject verb agreement.

"Almost time for your next class. Don't forget to read pages10-20 for our discussions tomorrow. Please don't make too much noise while waiting for your next teacher. Bye class."

Miss Bright left. Noises from every corner of the room arises while waiting for their next teacher to arrive.

Jay was checking his schedule.

*English-4(Advance)
Monday-Wednesday(9am-10:00am)
*Mathematics-4(Geometry)
Monday-Tuesday(10am-11:30am)
*Social Studies-4(World History)
Wednesday-Thursday(10am-11:30am)
*Filipino-4(Advance)
Thursday-Friday(9am-10am)
*Physical Education-4
(Boys-Basketball/Girls-Volleyball)
Friday(10am-12pm)
***optional, Religion
(Catholic Teachings)
Monday-Friday(12:30pm-1pm)
*Science-4(Physics)
Monday-Thursday(1pm-2:30pm)

"No need to look at your schedules. You can ask me. We all got the same schedule except for those Werds at the back." Mia said without even looking at the back.

Then their next teacher arrived before Jay could ask who she meant by "weirds", as Jay thought.

"Seem like I'm not alone to feel that it's my first day of class today since you've been dismissed early yesterday before we could even start our introductions. For those who haven't been under my class before on your lower years I'm Mr. Daniel Ocampo." Mr. Ocampo said while writing his name on the board. "So now that you all know my name time I know yours." Then he start calling the roll.

Mr. Ocampo finishes the roll and started their lesson. He was explaining while writing numbers and equations on board. "Understood class?"

"Yes Sir!" they chorus though not all really understood.

"Any questions?" He asked again.

"No Sir!" They all replied.

"Very good. Please take out your activity book. Open to page6 and answer activity2, numbers 1-5. I'll give you 25mins to do it so we can check your answers before our class ends."

"This was really Mr. Ocampo's technique. Back when we were just 2nd year high school." Ed thought while answering the activities. "Paul, do you have extra ballpen?" He asked.

"What? It's just the second day of class and you're pen run out of ink already? Where did you bought that anyway?" Paul replied while searching his bag for an extra pen.

"What's the commotion back there?" Mr. Ocampo seeing them talking to each other. "I thought scholars don't cheat."

"Sorry Sir. Uhmm..." Ed was too shy to tell his problem.

"Then what is it Mr. Del Rio?"

"My...my pen run out of ink." Ed felt the humiliation again as most of his classmates started whispering again and he knew it's about him.

Mr. Ocampo was sensitive enough, "Are you done class? Why are you making noises all of a sudden?" The class keep quiet and Mr. Ocampo lend his pen to Ed. "Here use mine."

"Thank you Sir!" He replied and continue answering.

After 25minutes, "Times up class! We'll check your work and do it clockwise. Rows1 and 2, 3 should exchange while 4, 5 and 6 will do it also. Ready? In the count of 3." Mia and Jay are seated in the front of row3 and 4. Ed was at 4th seat of row3 beside Paul at row4. "1..2..3...stop." Mr. Ocampo said. So guess whose going to check Ed's work?

"Nooo!" she almost scream.

"Are you alright Miss Bersaba?" ask Mr. Ocampo.

"I just thought I saw a cockroach flying towards me." Mia lied.

"Alright. Lets continue. Who wants to volunteer answering the first activity on the board?"

"Why do it have to check his paper?! I might get an allergy touching his things." She thought then remembered she already touched him yesterday and it gave her chills again. Out of habit she unconsciously write "Corrected by: Mianna Alexandria Bersaba"

"Mia" Mr. Ocampo mentioned her name. She just gave him a black impresion. "I asked if you could answer number 2 on the board." She just smiled and went to the front to answer.

Mr. Ocampo select others randomly to answer the remaining equations on the board. "Tell me the score of the person whom I'll call out if you're the one who corrected their paper. Pay attention! I want to do it quick. Okay?" as he start calling out names and recording it.

Just as Mr. Ocampo finishes his recordings the bell rang.

"Come on Mia!" Yanne said on the way out of the classroom.

"Coming..." she hurriedly pick up her things but Jay took it first. "Stop. I can carry my own things."

"I know you can but I want to." Jay replied.

"Oh so, you want carrying handbag? You should have told me before we get to school this morning. I could have lend you my other handbag." Mia teases.

"That's funny Anna. I'm doing it to show my gratitude on you for assisting me today."

"Thanks but no thanks! Just follow me." Mia lead their way to the cafeteria. Jay was beside her walking and the three girls intended to walk a step behind them causing them a lot of attention. Not that they don't always get all the attention when they're around but to be with not just a boy but a new boy in school makes it a little more intriguing. Jay noticed all the eyes scanning him as they pass by and Mia sensed he's unease but just continued the drama.

***
Time management is the key to studying and having fun. You'll get bored if you just study all day and night. And you can't get an answer to your exams by partying all night as well. There's always a time for having fun and studying just learn how to manage them.

Time management also applies to real life situations.

VOTES, COMMENTS and SHARES pretty please... Thank you!

📸:ctto

xoxo,
Be Charmed