CHAPTER 37.2 (m.h)

NIGHTMARE.

i had a dream.. i got everything i "wanted".
not what'd you think.

he sat at the table, food in front of him untouched. the bodies that sat before him, unrecognized due to the hazy blur that surrounded their faces. what is this?
he looked down at the food, maggots crawling around in the mash potatoes. "honey." the voice he remembered all too well. "eat why don't ya." his mother. his muscles tightened and his breath had gone ragged. "eat." she pushed, moving closer to him, her hand on the table, burned to a crisp. "eat god damn it!" the hand slammed on the table, making him flinch. her hand had fell off and onto the floor, it rolled all the way behind the table causing him to turn in his seat. he saw.. himself.
"mike.. mike.. mike." his own voice called as the doppelgänger picked up his mothers hand, moving towards him slowly. "eat up, mike." he was suddenly whipped around, facing the- a lamb? it laid dead on the table, a fresh bullet hole in its head. his stomach churned, he tried getting up but couldn't. "son.. I SAID KILL THE DAMN LAMB!"
KILL IT
KILL IT
KILL IT
KILL IT!
he shook his head repeatedly before the noise stopped, his head snapped up to see henry bowers sitting across from him. "too afraid to kill a damn lamb, nigger?" he said as he rose from his seat, a gun in his hand. "too much of a coward to KILL A FUCKING LAMB YOU MONKEY!" he shouted, slamming his hand on the table repeatedly. "let me show you how it's done.." he pointed the gun right at mike's head and shot him. it went black.

and if I'm being honest.. it might've been a nightmare..

i shot up in my bed, sweating like crazy, wheezing slightly as he looked around. "fuck.." he began to sob, holding his face in his hands. he wiped his tears quickly and grabbed ahold of his phone, quickly dialing stan's number. "please.. please.." he pleaded, waiting for the boy to pick up.
"hello?"

to anyone who might care..

"stan.." he sobbed into the phone, this wasn't something new for them. they knew that what happened earlier last year had affected them horribly. so stan and mike made their own pact, if they ever had a nightmare they couldn't handle (which was mostly all of them.) they would call eachother and stay up all night to talk.
he heard shuffling, meaning he was sitting up. "mike, what happened, bubba. tell me about it.." he spoke softly, making mike want to cry even harder. "it was my mom, stan.. and then henry shot me and i saw myself and the lamb.. the faces, stan the-."
he was suddenly cut off by stan, "hey.. calm down, baby. slow.. got to go slow." he said soothingly, moving to get up from his bed so he could help his friend. mike nodded and began to take deep breaths.
"good boy.. now tell me what happened."
mike opened his mouth and began spewing about what had happened in his dream only minutes ago.

thought i could fly.. so i stepped off the golden.
nobody cried, nobody even noticed. i saw them standing right there, kinda thought thought they might care.

a long time ago, mike was in a time in his life where he thought that his life would never get any better, i mean he was living in the far country, delivering meat, getting bashed on by the color of his skin, his parents died. everything just sucked. so one day, he went into town, went to the bridge and got on the ledge. he wasn't thinking, he wasn't thinking at all. his whole body had shut down, he went completely numb. he was ready to jump and people walked by like it was nothing. he felt invisible. until one curly haired boy noticed, actually noticed him and helped him down. mike knew that this unknown boy was going to be in his life forever. he just knew..

i had a dream, i got everything i "wanted".
but when i wake up i see..

mike had woken up the next morning, stan had came over and they talked all night and eventually fell asleep. he smiled to himself at the memory before he felt someone stir beside him. he looked over at his face softened.

you.. with.. me.

stan rubbed his eyes and fluttered them open, his eyes instantly connecting with mike's, causing mike to turn away quickly. stan turned red and pulled mike down to lay with him. "feeling better, bubba?" he whispered, rubbing the other boy's chest. mike sighed with a small smile, "yeah. thank you, stan." he said and looked over at the boy, "you're amazing." stan smiled at the praise. "i try." he said cooly but the same stupid smile was spread on his face. mike just continued to stare at him before he began leaning in, slowly bringing their lips together causing stan to let out a small gasp before melting into the kiss.

and you say
as long as I'm here
no one can hurt you
don't wanna lie here
but you can learn to
if i can change the way that you see yourself
you wouldn't wonder why you're here
they don't deserve you..

i felt motivated to post so here this is!