Chapter 13

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly, I mean if you consider me turning off my phone and watching Netflix in my fuzzy pajamas with all the lights off good then yeah; the day went smoothly.

I felt bad running away after a small incident like that and I wouldn't have; but I knew that if I stayed everyone would ask me why she did that and I'm not a very good liar, If I told them the truth... Well I wouldn't like to know where that conversation would lead.

Finally after a couple of hours when I knew school had ended I turned my phone back on and saw that I had nearly 200 messages mostly from Hayes and Tiff and a couple here and there from everyone else.

I looked though Hayes' messages first

Rose
Rose
Please answer
I talked to Courtney
She said it was an accident
I don't believe her
And I can't hit a girl
So yeah
But please answer me
I'm worried about you
If you don't answer I will skip school
To come see you
Okay don't answer
I'm coming over after school

It took my brain a few minutes to process the fact that Hayes had talked to Courtney let alone the fact that school had ended and he would be here any second!

I bolted up my staircase to my room to try and find something decent to put on. And by the time I pulled on a pair of sweats and T-shirt I heard the doorbell ring.

I ran downstairs to go get it and when I opened the door I saw an tired looking Hayes standing at my door step!

He let himself in.

"Rose, you could have at least texted me back saying that you were okay, by the time I ran outside you disappeared do you know how worried I was?" He said in a rush and hugged me while I stood there like a limp noodle.

"I didn't feel like dealing with anyone so I turned off my phone and I just turned it back on, I was about to text you and tell you that I was fine until you showed up at my door." I told him to ease his worries

I just hoped that he would just leave the topic and not talk about what Courtney had said or anything involving her because I really didn't feel like thinking about it or speaking about it for that matter.

As if he had read my mind he asked me something that I had completely forgot about

"Are you going to the Bon-Fire tomorrow night?" He asked me

The Bon-Fire was an annual thing that the students at our school did the last Friday before thanksgiving break before the weather got colder. Not that it would hit anything below 40 degrees.

"Well I was planning on going if everyone else went which I'm assuming they are so yea I guess I'm going." I replied

"Good I guess I'll pick you up at 8." He said winking at me.

I blushed and went into the living room. For the rest of the day Hayes and I sat around and watched Disney movies on Netflix. What a nice way to end the day.

:.:.:

It was currently almost 8 o'clock and Hayes would pick me up any second. To be honest I was kind of nervous to make an appearance at the bon-fire this year. Why? Because this would be the first year that I went to this bonfire with a group of friends that weren't only Tiff and Audrey.

I went downstairs, since I was already dressed and now I was just waiting for Hayes to pick me up so we can go.

As I made my way into the living room I was surprised to see that my dad was sitting on the couch having a chat with my one and only boyfriend.

Now don't be fooled even though I'm calling Hayes my boyfriend; we haven't made anything official yet.

Hayes stood up from the couch and made his way towards me.