Chapter One: Surprise

Ten years  have passed since Sage Teller  moved out of Charming and attended college in Arizona. The 28-year-old made the long drive back to charming in the early August heat.After several hours later including stopping for gas and food, Sage finally became familiar with her hometown. Her smile grew wide as she pulled into the Teller-Morrow  garage parking lot. She parked and got out of her Chevy truck. Slowly walking towards the office noticing there were no motorcycles in the lot except one, which was normal. Sage knew it was probably club related. Growing up around this life all of her life she was always close to her Aunt Gemma,  Uncle  John and cousin Jackson. Unfortunately she wasn't able to get to know her other cousin Thomas before he passed away.
They treated her better than her own father, her mother chose drugs instead of her own child and ended up dead in a ditch. Sage always stuck to her motto "the least you know about the club, the better". Especially if you have ties to it. Approaching the office door she noticed the door wide open with a fan blowing on high, her Aunt Gemma's back was facing her, sorting through the file cabinets. Sage gave the door a light knock, and placed her sunglasses on top of her long black messy bun, exposing her bright green eyes, being careful not to say a word. Leaning against the door frame. "Shit, just a second! ". Gemma took a few seconds to find her folder she needed. "What can I do you for? ".

"Hey Aunt Gemma! Surprise!!!  "Sage shouted  and opened her arms for a hug.

"Holy shit, hello sweetheart! Does anyone know you're here? How long you in town for? " Giving her niece a big squeeze.

"Well that's the surprise , no one knows that I'm moving back! Are the guys coming back soon?, I'm guessing club stuff ?" Sage asked her Aunt

"Yeah, Clay called right before you showed up, they're on their way about 20 minutes "

"Think I can hide my truck and hang out in the clubhouse to surprise them? "She asked with a  smile

"Of course baby! We missed you,  They would love to see you" Gemma said as she hugged her niece again.

Sage hurried and parked her truck beside the office and walked with Gemma to the clubhouse.

"Hey half sack this is my niece Sage , get her whatever she wants and DON'T  tell the boys! I need to finish up some light paperwork and lock up while we wait.  Gemma gave her a quick kiss on her head and walked out of the clubhouse.

"So half sack right? can I get a Bud Light?"

He popped the top off and handed it to her. She made her way over to the jukebox and chose a song. After about 15 minutes she heard loud motorcycle pipes rolling in the parking lot. That sound never got old to her ears

Gemma locked up the office and waited as the engine's  shut off and gave Clay a kiss.

"Ugh... boys, there's a surprise waiting for you at the bar "Gemma nodded.

They all begin to reach for their guns and became cautious.

"No boys , those won't be necessary " Gemma  said with a grin

Jax, Happy, Tig, Opie, Juice, Chibs, Bobby and Piney walked ahead of Clay and Gemma.

"Surprise boys! Sage Shrieked and jumped down from the bar and Jax scooped her up for a hug followed by the rest of the crew.

"Good to see you Sage "Clay pretended he cared. The two never seen Eye to Eye, Sage had a strange gut feeling Clay had something to do with her uncles death, she had no actual proof , but she always felt uncomfortable around Clay after her uncle's incident.

"You never called to tell me you were coming, how long you staying for this time? "Jax asked with a small frown

"That's the surprise, I'm moving back! I found an apartment a few streets over, and since I am a certified nail technician, I'm working at a salon here  "Nail and Dye", and at a nightclub called "Limits".  I didn't wanna say anything until everything was set in stone , then thought , what the heck I'll surprise everyone" Sage told him with a smile

"Aye that new strip club that opened a few months back?"  Chibs asked

"No there's no stripping, dancing yes, you would be surprised how many rules my boss Caleb the owner has for that place "Sage took the last sip of her beer

"So baby when do you move into your new apartment?" Gemma asked while taking a seat on Clays lap and lighting a cigarette.

" Tomorrow morning, I met the landlord , and the movers are coming with my furniture in the afternoon, I have a week to settle in before I start work, however I do need a place to crash for the night. Don't even mention the clubhouse apartment, I'm not sleeping on a mattress full of desperate crow eater  pussy juice, no thank you " Sage motion for another beer.

The crew laughed that she had a point.

"I'll set up the guest room for you sweetheart, if you need help settling in I'm sure Jackson and some of the boys will help, as of right now Clay and I have a personal issue to deal with "Gemma winked and drug Clay to the parking lot.

One by one the guys gave her a hug and left to go home. Leaving Jax  and Sage to catch up.

"We miss you around here cousin! I know you visit and call often but it ain't the same. I'm sure Opie will help tomorrow, he was quiet tonight... not sure what's up but I'll get him on board. "Jax  gave a kiss on her forehead.

"
Thanks Jackson,  I'm going to head over to your mamas place. I'll see you tomorrow"
Sage gave him a hug and headed out the door.