Chapter Six: Right Girl Wrong Time

"It's too bad that clock can't stop on a dime

'Cause she was the right girl

The right girl at the wrong time"- Jon Langston

Days later, there were no sights of Cooper. Sage ask Jax to calm down the babysitting and promised to check in more. Caleb her boss allowed her to punch out at 9 PM for as long as she wanted. Opie , Kenny and Ellie have been staying with Sage for the last few nights. Sage always made sure schoolwork was always finished, played video games with Kenny, and Ellie always ask Sage to do her hair and nails.

"You're good with kids! Do you want kids in the future?" Opie asked washing his hands after helping with the dishes.

" Maybe one day yeah. My old coworker Madison that I worked with at the tavern had two small kids, both girls, her boyfriend was always on the road and the extra paycheck always helped some. Our boss was cool about her bringing them with her during her short day shifts. Boss man made up his office just for them to keep occupied, TV, movies, blocks, books, and there was a small playground across the street. We all pitched in to help, it was a fun experience.
Harry?... Do Kenny and Ellie know about OUR childhood?" She asked as she helped clean up and put some groceries away.

"Yeah they do, I pretty much told them every detail, kind of turned into a bedtime story, told him it was about us... they seem to really like you!
So your birthday is in two days." Opie beamed

"Yeah... Caleb and Tosha bought me a two night stay at that new hotel resort an hour away, I invited Madison, figured since I haven't seen her she could have a mini mom vacation. I already told Jax to call off the dogs those days. Sage said seriously crossing her arms.

"I'm not happy about it, but I'm not in charge. At least you're not spending it by yourself, when do you leave?" Opie asked as he put some clothes in the dryer.

" Tomorrow after the salon, I'm coming back here to pack and then on my way."

——————————————

Arriving at the resort and checking in taking in its beauty, as she took her room key, a few floors up finding her room 413. Opening the door.... the living room alone was bigger than her apartment, with a giant couch and TV, with gray carpet......off to the side was the kitchen with a high table counter with four chairs, a stove, fridge, and mini bar. Walking back to the bedroom the king size bed had a beautiful black bed canopy , two giant walk in closets ,the carpet was off-white and a giant TV . Attached was the bathroom which had an exposed shower, the flooring was made of stone, a large clawed tub, a toilet , vanity with a large mirror and sink. This room was double the size of her apartment. She couldn't wait until her friend Madison arrived. Midway through unpacking and placing her belongings in the closet and Toiletries in the bathroom, she received a call from a number she didn't recognize. Worried it might be Cooper, she answered.

"Hey Sage it's Madison , the kids thought it would be funny to throw mommy's phone in the bath water last night, I'm sorry , I just couldn't find a sitter that would watch them for two days. I feel so terrible. Happy birthday! Madison expressed her sadness through the phone.

" Its fine, don't worry about it. You tried! thanks, we'll catch up some other time" Sage frowned as she hung up. Deciding that wasn't going to ruin her weekend and booked herself a massage. After her relaxing massage not realizing how many muscles that were in need of attention. She went to get her nails done. It was nice to be the customer for once. On her way to the mini mart she passed on her way here deciding to pick up some food and rent a few movies. Feeling her phone buzz