Day 1

"Ugh! I'm covered in glitter from these ornaments!"

"That brings a whole new meaning to 'Captain Sparklez', huh?"

We laugh, filling the room with cheer. Savannah's phone is sitting off to the side, playing "Linus and Lucy" at full volume. Our Christmas tree, which was rather small due to the lack of space, was half-decorated with blue and red ornaments, some of which were completely covered in glitter, explaining my complaint.

"I wish there was a fireplace we could use," Savannah mused. "It'd bring the whole feeling together. And maybe a cup of hot cocoa, but LA is not a hot-cocoa-weather place."

"I dunno, I think the mood is already set," I responded. "Charlie Brown theme, a Christmas tree to be decorated, glitter freaking everywhere," I chuckle, "and my beautiful Savannah."

Her face flushed, and she ran her fingers through her strawberry-brown hair. "What about a pretend fireplace, at least? I've always had a fireplace to snuggle up by during the Christmas season, even a pretend one would be nice."

I nod and walk over to the PC. After a few minutes I have a video of a burning fireplace on widescreen. A sort of placebo affect was actually making me feel warmer - the crackling of burning logs was a great comfort. I understood why Savannah enjoyed it.

"Thanks," she said, hugging me from behind as I sat in the chair. "Isn't it nice?"

I nod. "Maybe we need a break from the decorating. Just a bit."

"Yeah. Just a bit."

I sigh. "It's not going to be just a bit."

"Of course not," she says with a laugh.

"So what do you want t-" I start to say as I sit up. But by the time I've turned around, Savannah has already started to dance to the piano music still playing. "Oh."

"Well, don't be a party pooper, come dance with me!"

I slowly walk towards her, stopping a foot or two away. I dance stiffly at first, resisting Savannah's will. She laughed and grabbed my hands, forcing me to spin around with her. We begin dancing like the cartoon characters, waving our arms up and down, chins up, laughing at each other due to the ridiculousness of it.

We eventually fall on the floor, too tired to continue. Savannah puts an ornament that fell off the tree on a bottom branch.

"See how much fun it is? You can't stress yourself out over such an enjoyable holiday," she explains, scooting over to me.

I embrace her, kiss her on the forehead and reply, "Yeah. I'll enjoy it by spending it with the most adorable girl on the planet."

She sighs contentedly. "Yeah. Me, too."

We laugh again, then get back to decorating the tree, a bit faster and less tense than before.

*****

A/N: Nikki wasn't able to write today and may not be able to tomorrow so I guess I will be.

How's this for Day 1? I really like it and wish I could do a full story of it but sadly I have to publish it quickly.

Also, since many of these will be quickly written, we won't have much time to edit them until after Christmas. So I'd appreciate it if y'all pointed out any errors <3

Anyway, happy December! Day 1 out of 25 Days complete!

-iluvpb22