Day 14

"Come on, Jardon, sing with me!" I pleaded as we drove along with Christmas music playing in the car.

"Fat chance," he muttered. "I'd rather die before singing in front of you, Sarah."

"And why is that?" I inquired.

"Because I love you and don't want you to break up with me because of my awful singing."

I laughed loudly. "You're not that bad, Jordan, you're really not."

"Have fun convincing me of that. Now shut up, I'm driving."

"Not for much longer, the gas station is right there," I pointed out.

"Oh, right." He turned into the parking lot and parked at a pump. "Mind filling it up while I go inside and buy some things?"

I nodded. "Sure, I can take my turn driving, too. Get me a Coke and some puppy chow."

"Will do, m'lady. See ya in a few."

I bowed in my seat. "Indubitably."

I filled up the gas tank, then got in the driver's side, waiting for Jordan to get back. As I fired the engine and played the music once more, I got a great idea to get him to sing.

He hopped into the passenger's seat with all the food stuff in his arms. He set it on the back seat and nodded for me to go when he had his seatbelt on.

But I didn't.

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock, the song played.

"Um, you gonna move anytime soon?" Jordan inquired.

"Sing," I demanded.

"Huh?"

"Sing. I'll move when you sing for me."

He sighed. "Serious?"

I nodded with a devilish grin. "Serious."

Now the jingle hop has begun, the song went, rather well timed.

Jordan sighed. "Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock," he sang flatly.

"Get in the spirit! Sing like you mean it!" I shouted. We were getting a few weird looks from people passing by, but I didn't care.

Jordan picked up pace. "Dancing and prancing in jingle bell square, in the frosty air!"

I hit the gas. Jordan stopped singing, thinking he'd satisfied me, but I shook my head. "Keep singing."

He took a breath and continued, "What a bright time, it's the right time to rock the night away! Jingle bell time is a swell time to go gliding in a one-horse sleigh!"

I joined him now. "Giddy up jingle horse, pick up your feet! Jingle around the clock! Mix and a-mingle in the jingling beat! That's the jingle bell rock!"

We kept singing. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, some other drivers smiling at us, shaking their heads. It's nice to spread the Christmas like this, I thought.

We sung the final but together. "That's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell rock!" I held the note past the song's ending, straight to the beginning of the next one.

"You, Sarah, are an amazing singer," Jordan complimented me.

"As are you," I replied, pecking his cheek.

"No I'm not," I heard him mutter.

"Shut up."

*****

Yey ^.^

A bit like that make-shift one I wrote on Day 8, but that's okay. At least it's cuter.

And Nikki for the love of gods stOP BREAKING MY HEART WITH YOUR FREAKING ONESHOTS

-iluvpb22