Day 7

I came to the Island of Mianite rather suddenly. I had lived in Jerry's Tree for ages before washing up on the shore of this place. Someone had attacked me, and the last thing I remember before waking up to Tom's face was defeating him.

Time had passed quickly. Now it was December. Tom, Tucker and Sonja were putting up a Christmas tree in the island's center, near the courthouse. I had built my house, which was surrounded by tree's from one of their pranks. Most importantly, I had chosen a team, a god to follow. More accurately, a goddess. Ianite.

I was preparing to go help them with the tree, bringing wool, lapis, redstone, gold, glowstone, whatever I could really find. I opened my door to leave, and saw a young woman sitting against my glass banister. She had brown hair, in a short, choppy cut. Her eyes were closed, so I couldn't tell what color they were. She was wearing a dress that looked like it was sewn out of rags, and no shoes or socks. She was obviously freezing, as she was shivering and sitting in a pile of snow.

Her eyes opened at the sound of my door. They were a sort of greyish-purple color. "Are you J-J-Jordan?" she inquired, teeth chattering. I nodded, slowly, wondering how she knew my name. "C-Could you spare anything w-w-warm for me? I-"

"Please, come in," I offered before she could finish. She stood up on shaky legs, and I grabbed her before she fell down, setting her arm over my shoulders.

I walked her in, lowering her onto the couch.

"One sec, be right back," I told her.

"Okay," she said in a small voice, curling up as tightly as she could.

I ran into my vault, looking for something to warm her with. I didn't have much in the way of clothes, so I created a makeshift blanket out of some wool I wasn't going to use for the tree.

Running back, I draped the blanket around her shoulders. She grabbed the edges of it and surrounded herself tightly in its fuzziness like there was no tomorrow.

"Okay, so, there's a little something I need to take care of, but I'll be straight back as soon as I'm done. It won't be to terribly long, I promise," I told her, stumbling over my words.

She smiled. "No worries, Jordan. Take your time." She seemed better already.

I ran to the Christmas tree preparation zone as fast as I could. The three others greeted me, Sonja from near the trunk, Tom from a low branch, and Tucker near the top.

"Okay, I hate to bail out on all of you, but this girl just showed up at my house and she was freezing and I want to stick around her to make sure she doesn't, like, die." Sonja pouted slightly at the girl's predicament I described. "Here's some ornaments, Sonja," I say, handing everything I was going to help put on the tree to her. "Now, gotta run. See ya later!"

I got back to the house less than a minute later, and the woman was still sitting on the couch, only now she was looking around the house.

"This place is very nice," she said, turning around to look at me.

I rub the back of my neck. "Heh, thanks. Say, do you, uh, want something to eat?"

She considered the offer for a moment. "Do you have baked potatoes?"

I nod. "Be right back again."

I came back from my vault with enough potatoes for both of us.

I sat down across from her, handing her potatoes. She ate them slowly, bit by bit.

"So, what's your name?" I asked.

She looked up from her potatoe. "Jane," she answered after a few moments. She seemed to be thinking during those seconds, as if she didn't quite know her own name. That's odd, I thought, but I didn't comment on it.