(3)

Chapter 3.

I sat down right beside where Gretchen is sleeping, she doesn't know that I am here. I bet she won't like it when she sees me here, Its been long since the last time I saw a smile in my daughter's face. Well, this is the first time I saw her again after what happened.

"What are you doing here?" I was taken aback when I recognized who owns the voice. I looked at her, It's Mara. I heard she is the one incharge in taking care of my children.

I stood up. "She is still my daughter." I stated. She laughed, then showed a playful smile. Then she started pointing me, as if she was accusing me to something.

"You a mother? After what you did?" She told me, I clenched my fist. I want to slap her ten times harder than what am I feeling right now, I hate her so much.

The Mara I used to know, was a fraud. Everything was just a piece of joke to fuck up my life and take the people whom are close to my heart. The Mara I thought that is my bestfriend, or should I say the angel of my life before was really the devil in my life.

"Be happy..Someday, I'll get them back!" I confidently said. Although there is just a 40% of that being possible. She passed by to my side and pushed me a little using her finger, I bit my lip because of anger.

"If you can." Sabi niya at saka tuluyan akong tinulak palabas ng kwarto kung nasaan napaparoon si Gretchen. I broke down when the words she said hit me again.

Her words are killing me. "Sam, are you alright?" Agad akong napatayo at agad kong pinunasan ang luhang pumapatak sa aking mga mata.

I looked at the lady who was standing in front of me. She gave me a smile and she tapped my shoulder. "What happen?" Tita Karla asked. I just shook my head, saying that nothing happened.

Hindi ko alam bakit pero bigla nalang kaming naglalakad pababa, at papunta sa Garden ng kanilang bahay. We sat at the bench near the balcony, or is this the back door?

"Hija. Do you know how much I wanted to hate you?" She asked, I bit my lower lip and slowly nod. Yes, as a mother. No one would be happy to see their children or child hurt.

"I wanted to hate you." She stated. Napaiwas nalamang ako ng tingin, I want to kneel down and beg my sorry but believe me or not I already did that for like five times already but she insisted and told me not to do that again.

"I a-am..s-sorry." Ang tangi ko nalamang nasabi. I am out of words, Help me for I can't think carefully.

I got shocked when she hugged me. "But I understood when I found out why." Napakalas ako sa yakap at tinignan ko si Tita, kung kanina ay ako lang ang umiiyak. Pati narin siya ay umiiyak narin, gulat ko siyang tinignan.

"Samantha, I already know why. It's because Dr.Hernandez happens to be our family doctor." Bigla kong nayakap si Tita, I begged her once again my forgiveness. I know I have sinned, I talked to God already. Asking him what should I do, I asked him to guide me in every circumstances that I may face.