Chapter Eighteen

Bee woke up in her room, but something felt off. She looked to her side. Thorn wasn't there, but that wasn't uncommon as she often woke up before Bee. It still felt off.
Bee stood up and slowly walked downstairs, taking a mental note of the silence.
No one.
She headed outside.
There weren't even any Fallen or Cabal there.
"This isn't right." She muttered to herself, continuing to wander around.
She found herself underneath the Church. She hadn't been really paying attention to where she was going, but her mind kind of carried her there. She spotted a figure, stood there at the end of a hallway.
Bee instantly recognised them.
"Travis?" Bee said it out loud mostly accidentally.
The figure turned. It really is him.
"Bee." He walked over to Bee, a weak smile on his face.
"I don't have much time here. I don't have much time at all." Bee noticed his voice was shaky and.. faded? He didn't sound normal.
"Wh-What?" Bee found herself stuttering.
"I can't be here for long. I have to leave soon."
"Why?"
"I've been here for too long already. I've watched you here. Everything you've done, Bee, I've seen."
"You've been here the whole time?"
"In the background, yeah. You never could have seen me though."
"It's been years since I last had a dream with you in it."
"I felt the need to give you time. I've waited too long." His voice was growing weaker and he'd turned around again.
"Travis- please."
"It's not in my hands. I can't change this." He turned around again to far Bee. "Listen, Bee. Promise me. Promise me that when you think of me, you won't be sad. Promise me you'll think of what we were before I left. Not this. Please." Travis was tearing up. Bee swallowed. "I don't want to make a promise I can't keep. Especially to you."
Travis put his hand on Bee's shoulder. "Please." He was fading. "Please just tell me you will. I don't care if you break it a few times. As long as you try."
Bee stood in silence for a bit, then wrapped Travis in a hug. "I promise."
"Thank you." He paused.
"I have something to explain to you."
Bee looked at him, pulling away from the hug.
"Those times you saw that other timeline? That was my doing. I caused that."
"...why?"
"I wanted to show you how you should act when you think of me. You shouldn't be sad. You should think of what we did."
He was nearly completely transparent. "I'll see you later, Bee." He smiled, fading more.
"Bye, Travis." Bee smiled back at him and he vanished, then she woke up. Thorn was asleep next to her, people were talking downstairs. Everything was back to normal. Bee looked to the desk in her room. It used to be Travis', and she'd taken it from their old house and moved it here. There was a sheet of paper that wasn't there before. She stood up to get closer.
It was a design for a weapon. A handcannon.
It even had light colour on it to show general patterns and stuff along those lines.
It's something Travis would make. I've never seen this before, though. The papers on the desk haven't even moved.
The handcannon was a light blue with darker blue spots along with purple markings. On the back, there was a lighter purple star.

Did he make this for me? As a gift?Bee nearly silently muttered "Thank you

Bee nearly silently muttered "Thank you." Then picked up the design. She looked over her shoulder to see Thorn looking at what she was holding. "Where'd you get that?"
"It just... appeared."
"Oh?"
"I had another dream."
Thorn immediately looked intrigued. She'd always listened to Bee when she was talking about her dreams. Thorn said they were more like visions.
"No one was in the house. I went down to under the Church, and Travis was there. It's been... ten years since I last had a dream with Travis? He told me he had to go soon."
Thorn sat silently and listened.
"He told me I had to promise that whenever I thought of him I wouldn't be sad. He even said that as long as I tried he'd be happy." Bee paused and took a deep breath to stop herself from crying. "I did, then he vanished."
Thorn waited to see if Bee said anything more before speaking. "And you think he left this for you?"
"Well it has his signature in the corner. And I've never seen it before now."
"Look at the date." Thorn pointed to the corner of the paper. "That's yesterday's date."
Bee smiled. "He left this for me."
"By the looks of it, yeah."
"I'd always wondered if he'd ever make me a weapon."
Thorn took a step back, and Bee copied. "We should take this to Banshee. See if he can look at this." Bee said, looking at the design.
"Yeah."

•————————————•
OKAY ITS ONLY GOT 833 WORDS WHICH IS 200 LESS THAN NORMAL BUT I NEARLY CRIED WRITING THIS AKGKKSKFKSKF
AND YOU GOT A COOL WEAPON DESIGN
IRKSKFKSKDKIMGONNAGOCRYOVERTRAVISDYINGNOWGOODBYE