Christmas Part 1

[Jerome's PoV]

It was that time of year again. Christmas season is here and the actual day is coming fast. Snow already covered the NewJersey ground and Mitch and I were decorating the apartment a couple weeks ahead of the holiday. Some of my family as well as Rob and Preston were planning to come over under Mitch's request and I couldnt say no to him. We both took our time with the tree and the ornaments we put on.

"Jerome, what's this?" I heard Mitch ask.

"Lemme see it. Oh Mitch. That is a picture of my ex-girlfriend and I from when I was in high school. Name was Jasmine and I was head over heals in love with her but not anymore. Let's not hang that one." I said as he showed an ornament with that picture. I remember that that was the time when my family and I went to Orlando over the summer and took my girlfriend with us. It was during that time I started to lose interest for her.

"You looked so much different back then. Just saying." Mitch said. I chuckled as I hung another ornament. After putting up all my favorite ornaments, I stepped back and looked at the tree. I smiled as it shined bright and beautiful like a diamond in the sky. "Wait Jerome. Close your eyes. I'll be right back."

I herad some thumping of footsteps walking away and after a couple of minutes they came back. "Jerome, close your eyes. I have something for you." Mitch said. I did as told. "Now hold out your hands."

I felt some cardboard against my hands and opened my eyes to reveal a box. "Open it." Mitch said. I opened the box and whatever there was was wrapped in tissue paper. I grabbed whatever it was and unwrapped it to reveal two ornaments. One was a Minecraft Creeper that was supposed to go on top of the tree and one was a little craft thing that I assumed Mitch made that had some painted wooden sticks glue together and in the middle was a picture of Mitch and I from when we had the class picture taken for when our class won the prize for being on time to class everyday. It was hard to tell but you could see Mitch and I were holding hands from being together. On the bottom it said the words 'True Love' and on the back it said 'Happy 2 months Anniversary'. 

I felt tears come to my eyes as I looked at both of the things, especially the one Mitch made. "You like them?" Mitch asked. I looked at him and smiled while nodding and bringing him into a hug in which I cried on his shoulder. 

"I hate for you to see me this way but in all honesty, there's no way to hide it right now." I said. 

"I love you." Mitch whispered. 

"I love you too." I replied and kissed him. After that, I hung the hand crafted one right in front and center and put the creeper one all the way on top. Our house was decorated for what was upcoming in two weeks.

[Time skip to Chirstmas Day: Still Jerome's PoV]

Most of my family had arrived and most had asked questions. My brother, sister, mom, dad and a few cousins and aunts and uncles were here and so were Preston and Rob in which Mitch was talking to most of the time. My mom was by the tree and looking at all the ornaments.

"Jerome sweety, where is the picture of you and Jasmine?" My mom asked.

"I decided not to hang it up this year. Since I'm over her and everything, best to leave behind the memories, whether good or bad." I said. 

"Ok and who is this? Is this your room mate and you in this picture?" My mom asked.

"Yeah. He made it himself. Mitch come over here." I called. Mitch looked at me then back at Rob and Preston and gave them the one minute sign. 

"Yeah Jerome?" Mitch asked.

"Mitch, this is my mom. Mom, this is Mitch, my room mate for the past 2 months now." I said as I put and arm around his shoulders and pulled him closer to me. I could tell Mitch was uncomfortable but I gave him a pat on the back signifying to not worry about it. My mom looked at Mitch and I then back at the picture and then, she realized something.