Gone

[Rob's PoV]

Preston and I were waiting at our lunch table for Mitch and/or Mr.Aceti to show up but we couldn't seem to find them anywhere. We even went to the crowded area where everyone else sits at but we couldn't find them anywhere.

"They're probably in a closet somewhere or in his sex dungeon doing it in the middle of school but I don't blame them." Preston said. 

"Yeah. We'll see them in 8th period. Until then I'll miss you." I said as I held Preston close.

"I"ll miss you too Robby. See you soon." Preston said and kissed me.

"Bye love." I replied and kissed him one last time before going to my next class. It sucks because Preston and I have only 3 periods together out of 8 so it really breaks my heart when I have to leave for a class. But that's why I love Chop Class so much because I get to see my Purrrston.

Once I got there, I went to my desk and Preston came in a few seconds later. 

"Hey Robby." Preston said as he sat next to me. 

"Hey babe. Did you see Mitch or Mr.Aceti anywhere today?" I asked.

"Nope. Mitch should've been here already too but he's not." Preston said. "I hope he's ok."

"I bet he is ok. He actually might be sick or something who knows. But I know how deadicated Mr.Aceti is to his job so if he's not here, then there's something wrong and I'm gonna make sure to call Mitch right after school. Ok Preston?" I assured to him. He just nodded as the bell rang and another teacher that wasn't Mr.Acti walked in. 

"Good afternoon everyone. My name is Mr.Jungle and first I'm gonna go through attendance and then your teacher said that you all should be on day 8 of your current stations." A substitute teacher said. Preston and I exchanged worried glances throughout the rest of the period. Once school was out and I had all my things, Preston and I walked to my car and just sat there while I dialed Mitch. He picked up on the 4th ring.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Mitch. Where were you today?" I asked.

"Oh Rob. Sorry but um, I had to do other things. Nothing like what you may be thining but I got caught up on some personal stuff that I really don't wanna talk about. Once you get home I promise I will play some Minecraft with you though. Don't worry about that. It's just that things got a little crazy yesterday with my dad and I needed to stay back and Jerome enforced me that it was a good idea that he stayed back as well even though I wanted him to go to work." Mitch said.

"Alright. Well hopefully we'll see you two tomorrow. It was boring without you guys there." I said.

"Yeah. See you tomorrow. Bye." Mitch said. I hung up and thought about what Mitch fully said.

"What did he say?" Preston asked.

"He said it had to do with something from the time he visited his dad last night in prison. I didn't get a full explanation but I don't know. He seemed off and depressed. I just hope he really is ok and at least shows one smile." I said. I felt Preston's arms around my body.

"Don't worry Rob. He'll be fine. He's strong remember. He wouldn't have survived that bullet shot if he wasn't strong. Now come on, let's get home for supper. I think my dad is making his special grilled steak for dinner. Let's go." Preston said. I smiled as I started my car and drove back to Preston's house which I now call home. His family was super nice and supportive ever since I came by the first time in 1st grade and it has been like that ever since.

"Hey honey. How was your day?" Preston's mom asked as soon as we walked into the house. She was making the sides like homemade mashed potatos and corn.