Searching

[Jerome's PoV]

Later that day after Mitch was kidnapped, I called his phone and some random guy answered. I knew I heard Mitch in the background and he was crying for help. The phone call ended with someone else complaining about how I think Mitch is a feisty one and then it ended. It wasn't too late and only around 8:30pm so I took this time to go not to the police but to our phone provider which was T-Mobile. I went to the closet store to us and got there in 10 minutes which was 15 minutes before their closing time. I went in and someone came up to me.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?" A kind lady asked.

"Well um, can you try to see if you can track and find a phone for me?" I asked.

"Sure. All phones come with a tracker so if it ever gets lost, you come to us and we can find it. What's the number?" She asked. (Insert number here)

"Alright, the phone is actually almost out of battery but this is where it is. In this abandoned warehouse about an hour from here and is right along the coast-side. Warehouse number B-4." She said.

"Thank you so much. Now I have to run to the police and tell them and get something set up. I really appreciate this." I said and started to run out but she stopped me.

"Why do you need to go to the police?" She asked.

"Did you hear the story about the prisoners that escaped?" I asked. She nodded. "Well, the three that escaped captured my fiance and he's in trouble unless I rescue him soon. I'll be going now."

I ran to my car and drove off to the police station. Once I got in there, I was greeted by one of the police officers I saw earlier that day in my apartment. The one who was trying to tell me to leave but then let me in once I told him that it was my place. "Oh, hello Jerome was it?" He asked as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah. Can I talk to you really quickly. I have evidence on where my fiance is located." I said.

"Sure thing. Follow me into my office." He said. I followed him and we sat in a room that was more like an interviewing room rather than a office. "So, what did you find out?"

"The location. When I woke up from my nap about 30 minutes ago, I called Mitch's phone and someone else answered. I then went to T-Mobile where they told me that all phones have a tracker on them so if we lost it, we can easily find it as long as it's turned on. Well, they were able to find it and found out that at least the phone is located at the abandoned warehouses about an hour drive away from here. Exactly warehouse B-4." I said.

"Well then. I think we should start our search there tomorrow. Is there anyone you might want to bring in for extra help or do you think you, me and a couple of other police officers can handle it?" He asked.

"To be honest, I would ask some old students of mine who are now really close friends to help us but they're in Texas and I don't think I can get them tomorrow but I could always ask my dad and brother to help me." I said.

"That sounds good. Thank you Jerome. I will see you at 10am tomorrow." He said. It was hard but somehow I went to bed that night without Mitch next to me.

The next day, I awoke around 8am and got my coffee and sat in silence in my apartment. That was, until the was a knock at the door. I opened the door to see one of my neighbors who lived on the same floor as me.

"Oh, hello Mrs.Johnson." I said. She was a nice lady who was in her mid 60s and she had a red tray with her.

"Hello Jerome. I heard about what happened and made some cookies for you and Mitch when he gets back." She said, handing me the tray.