Birthdays

[Mitch's PoV]

Thanks to Jerome, Mrs.Allen, Rob, Preston and a few other staff at the school, I've been clean for the past month which is good since today was my birthday and Jerome's was only 6 days away. I was officially 18 and officially an adult but I was only a Junior in high school when most kids my age are already seniors and gonna be graduating.

I woke up with the smell of bacon and something else filling my nostrils and saw jerome wasn't in bed. I got up, stretched out my back and got up and headed out to the kitchen where I found Jerome in nothing but his underwear and being a master chef. He wasn't facing me and when he did, he jumped a little.

"Oh hey. You're up." He said.

"Hey. What's this?" I asked.

"Just a little something special for my biggums and his birthday." He replied as he put some pancakes and eggs on a plate and topped it all off with 2 strips of bacon. He gave one of the plates to me. "Happy birthday biggums."

"Aww Jerome, you're too sweet. Thank you so much. This is one of the many reasons why I love you." I said as I put the plate down on the counter and gave him a big old kiss. (LOL, I CAN'T EVEN!)

"Thank you so very much." I said again as I took my plate and sat on the couch. Jerome pulled up Youtube on his Xbox and turned on some music of parody songs as well as some cool remixes or original songs from all my favorite Youtubers. I especially like Oasis by this one guy called MinecraftUniverse. Jerome told me that he played with him one time and he seemed like a pretty cool guy. He apparently has also played with Sky as well as be in a Skype call with him and they recorded a minigame called Hot Potato together.

"Well, we have about an extra 45 minutes before we have to get going. Want me to give you another one of your presents right now or wait until tonight?" He asked.

"Can I have the same present twice? One right now and one later tonight?" I asked.

"Sure. Anything for my biggums and his birthday." He replied as he kissed me tenderly. Stuff happened and soon enough, I was at school and ready to begin hopefully my best birthday ever. I walked to my locker with Jerome.

Since we got there early, we held hands the whole way. I got to my lcker to see it all decorated with red and black checkered wrapping paper as well as a sign that said 'Happy Birthday Mitch!' plus a bunch of pictures of me with my friends mainly Rob, Preston and Jerome. But one picture somewhat broke me into tears. It was a picture of me with my family shortly after we had moved here. My dad offered to take the picture and me, my mom, my sister and my brther all stood in front of our new house. He posted it on Facebook and tagged me and my whole family in it. I missed them so much. We haven't even had a funeral or posted the news about their death yet. My dad can't and I've been too scared. 

Jerome held me close as I stared at the picture. "Mitch. It's alright. If you want, I can tell your aunts, uncles, cousins and everyone through Facebook since I am a friend of you on there. Only if you want me to." Jerome offered.

"No, I think I'll tell them tonight. I wanna record a little video of it and post it that way." I said. Jerome nodded. I opened my locker to find a note inside. 

'Happy 18th birthday Mitchell. Hope your day is filled with lots of love from Mr.Aceti as well as fun times with your pals Woof and Pearston.' Is what the left side of the card read. On the right it had a little corny joke as well as a little transcripted note. 'P.S, if the picture of you and your family upset you in anyway, we're extrememly sorry but we're only trying to be nice friends. Love your truely, Poofless.'

I smiled as I read it. I knew they meant well. It may have upset me and made me miss them but I know they were trying to do well. Just then as I grabbed my books and closed my locker, I was trampled to the ground by two people screaming and jumping on me.