eight

" What're you wearing tonight? ", Nina pounced on Izzy, just as she entered the cafeteria

" Jesus ", she jumped, " You're like a friggin' ninja ".

" Focus ", she clapped, " What are you wearing, perra ".

Izzy shrugged, as she got in line, tray in hand. " I dunno, puta. A dress? ". She examined the selection, picking up an apple, wrap and water.

" You should wear the red one, you know Cesar loves red ".

Startled, Izzy stopped in the line earning protests from the students behind.
" What ".

Nina smirked coyly and shrugged innocently. She went ahead of a shocked Izzy, paying for her food. But just as Izzy paid for hers, she nearly ran after Nina who was stutting carelessly.
" Nina ", she grabbed her friends arm, " How do you know? ".

" I didn't ", she replied after a moment's hesitation, " But I do now ".

" You ain't gonna say anything, are you ".

" Hermana ", Nina gave her a look, " Who do you think I am? You and Cesar's little secret is save with me, don't worry ".
" Thank you ", she sighed.
" But if he gets your preg tho, I expect to be Godmama Nina ".
" We're not... ", she trailed off, embarsssed to continue.

Nina raised her eyebrows, waiting for her to continue. Only for the realisation to hit her in the face moments later.
" No! ".
Izzy nodded.
" You haven't...yet ", Izzy shook her head.
" Damn ", she whispered, " So you're just making out? That's a shame, I thought Izabella Ramerez would be more you know ".

" Sh ", she hushed as they approached the group's lunch table. Approaching the table, the girls could feel the tension. Olivia and Monse sat at one side glaring at the boys who were visually uncomfortable.

" You're my date by the way right babe ", Nina asked Izzy, as she sat down beside Monse and Izzy beside Cesar.
" Obviously ", she rolled her eyes jokingly, " You're the only girl for me, hermosa ". Nina cooed at her friends affection and took hold of her hand across from the table.

" Should I be jealous? ", Cesar asked, nudging the girl.
" Definitely ", she asked, a serious expression across her face, " Nina and I are ride or die, no cap ".

" Wait, so you guys are going? ", Olivia asked.
" Obviously ", Nina laughed, " Are you and Mons? We could totally make this a foursome ".
" Uh no ".

The girls nearly flinched from the severity of Olivia's tone.
" Chill, chica ", Izzy chuckled, " No need for the attitude ".
With a scoff Olivia replied " Sorry for not wanting to be objectified ".
" Perdóneme? ".
" We don't wanna dress up for boys, Iz ", Monse explained, " We're not dressing up only to get labelled and harassed on the dance floor ".

Speechless, Izzy turned to Cesar. " What did you say to her? ".
" What? Why is it always me? ".
Izzy gave him a look, frowning at the boy. " Did you say something to- ",
" No! ".

Ruby sighed, gaining everyone's attention as he asked " is it your menses? ".
" What ", Izzy scoffed.
" Has your lady pond runnth red? ".
" Lady pond? ".

" What am I saying wrong? ", he questioned, confused by the girl's horrified expressions.
" Everything ", they all exclaimed.

" Girls, let's go dine in a less hostile environment ", Monse spoke, standing up with her tray.
" You read my mind ", Olivia followed.

Nina and Izzy exchanged glances, unsure of what to do.
" Bells ", Cesar said, after noticing her uncertainty, " You don't agree with all that, do you? I don't make you feel objectified, right? ".

Izzy felt unsure, so instead she stood up.
" Women support woman ", was all she said before walking away, Nina in her trail.

~~~

Later that afternoon, Izzy waited in that same closet for Cesar.

cesar ❤😍

cesarrr helllooo???
did you forget??? we've a thing 😏
cesar ffs come onnnn don't keep me waiting...

It took Izzy a few minutes to give up on texting him, when the bell rang. But just as she was getting to class, she noticed a familiar black backpack and an annoyingly perfect haircut.

" Yo ", she called, holding her arms outstretched, " Where were you? I sent you like ten text messages ".

Cesar sighed deeply, clearly not in the mood for a fight. " What Monse and Olivia were saying at lunch kinda hit home ", he began to explain, " I don't want you to feel objectified ".

Almost immediately, Izzy's expression softened.
She got it.
Where they lived, with their mothers and sisters, they weren't exactly treated the best by the male figures in their lives.

" Hey ", she cooed, gently taking his hand into his own, " You don't objectify me, baby. They were just speaking in general ".
" But you agreed ".
Izzy pursed her lips, " Women support women, Cesar. You get that ".

Cesar didn't want to argue with her, but he wanted reassurance.
" You're still coming to the dance though right? ".
" With Nina ", she hesitated.
" Am I still getting that dance? ".

Izzy paused, " Um ", she began to hesitate, " How about if we bailed an hour or so in. My dad's still out of town you know...you can cover and we can- ",
" Are you objectifying me? ", Cesar scoffed, buttoning up his shirt.

Izzy's eyes widened at the question, " Of course not. Don't be crazy, Cesar, it's okay you know I would never- ".

" No it's not. I'm not your boy toy, Bells. You know maybe it's a good thing you're not gonna dance with me ".

" It is? ".

" Yeah maybe I can find a girl who's interested in more than my body. A girl who likes to dance...sloww ", Cesar trailed with a smirk, backing away leaving his girl speechless.

~~~