twenty-two

Izzy was gone before Cesar woke up the next morning

Izzy was gone before Cesar woke up the next morning. She showered, and helped herself to coffee before letting herself out. The sun was barely up and for once, the streets were quiet.

She didn't know how she felt about last night. She was embarrassed, ashamed even but she didn't regret it. She didn't hate Cesar. She hated herself more.

Walking down her hallway, she peered into her little sister's bedroom. She was still asleep, on her back with her arms by her sides.

She didn't bother checking her father's room, she knew he wouldn't be there.

In her own room, she had crosslegged on her bed like she had the night before. Her neck was bruised and her legs ached. She didn't know how she was going to get through today.
She couldn't face Olivia or Cesar, and she couldn't even walk right nevermind dance.

Still in her skirt and blouse, she decided to bathe again and change.

She ran a hot shower, washing her hair and shaving. The beads ran down her toned figure, as she leaned a hand against the wall. She thought about last night. About Cesar.

If she wanted to, she wouldn't change anything about it. It was awkward and clumsy, but he was good to her. He didn't make it about him, he made it about both of them.

As she ran the sponge down her body, she imagined Cesar's hands, his fingers.

Izzy moaned, as she used her own fantasizing that it was him. His name hit off the walls but after she came down from her high, she didn't feel any different.

She still felt dirty.

Used.

She felt like a whore.

~~~

Izzy sat out on the dance session during the hours that followed. After Ruby's consistent pleading she eventually told him that she was just sore. Just sore from Coach's work out and that she could just learn from watching them. Thankfully, Ruby didn't argue with her anymore. He couldn't deny she was a good dancer, he couldn't fight with the top girl over her abilities.

On the couch, she wore a turtle neck and skirt, and tapped away on her phone. Cesar and Olivia were in front of her and she ignored both.
Cesar stared at her pleading while Olivia was just confused.

She was paired with Cesar for the practice, while Monse was with Jamal who was late.

Nina was beside Izzy on the couch, looking at her every so often.
She knew something was up.

" I'm sorry I'm late ", Jamal said, as he burst through the door just as Izzy's phone vibrated with a text.

cesar ❤😍
why are you ignoring me?
do you regret last night??
im so sorry bells i didn't mean to hurt you