thirty

That night, Izzy laughed in a way she never did before

That night, Izzy laughed in a way she never did before. It was whole, pure, it was real. She danced with Cesar, with Nina. She was nothing but smiles, as the blonde spun her around giggling herself.

" Look at that pimp stick ", Ruby pointed out, making her laugh.

" I miss Jamal, I gotta apologise ", Nina spoke, her arm slung around Izzy's neck.

" You will, but right now you dance ", Ruby said.

The blonde grinned from ear to ear, taking Izzy's hands.

" I'm so happy right now, Neens ", Izzy nuzzled her face into her neck.

" Me too, Bella ", she said. Izzy was beaming as she lifted her head and looked at her best friend.

" So what's up with you and Jamal? ", she asked.

" What? ", she asked, caught by surprise, " Nothing! ".

Izzy raised her eyebrows, " So all that RollarWorld stuff meant nothing? ".

" Well...um ", her cheeks flushed pink, glancing down at her shoes. Izzy giggled, amused by her friend's flustered expression. " You're so cute when you're embarrassed ", she teased.

" Shut up ", she mumbled, trying to stop herself from smiling.

" Oh Nina ", Izzy said playfully, " How I love you ".

" Aw ", she cooed, " Izzy loves me ".

" Don't act so surprised, you're the only bitch for me ".

She was.

Nina was radiant, her cheeks were pink and her nose and eyes were crinkled. She hummed as she gazed fondly at her friend. She loved her so much, people thought it was crazy how they weren't already together.

But their love stretched beyond romance and passion, their love was intimate, unconditional.

Sometimes Nina wondered if them meeting all those years ago was faith, as if it were the universe bringing them together.

Because although Nina would never admit it, she believed that their souls were kindered. She believed that her and Izzy were soulmates.

Izzy believed it as well.

Because it was true.

Nina was still glowing, when a figure moved behind her. She moved her gaze to the figure, only for her beating heart to drop.

" Izzy ", she screeched, spinning them around so her back facing him instead of Izzy.

" Nina what- ", Izzy's words were taken right out of her mouth as the sounds of bullets echoed around the room.

Before she could even blink, Nina was staring wide eyed, and Ruby and Olivia were on the floor. Every one was screaming, running, but Izzy barely even noticed.