Four 🧜🏻‍♂️

The next day, Josh sat on the rock all day. He didn't bother to swim or go find fish to eat. He just wanted to sit there, and think about the boy he saved from drowning.

As he sat and dove into his thoughts, he heard some unfamiliar voices calling out to him.

"Josh?"

"Joshua?"

"Where are you, Josh?"

The merman turned his head and saw his three older siblings, Jordan, Abigail, and Ashley.

Josh had not seen them since he was 4 years old, and was so happy to see them again. He swam to the edge of the cove to greet them.

"Hello, my dear siblings." He said.

"We missed you so much." Abigail said.

"We convinced our mother to come see you." Jordan added.

"But, why? I'm different than y'all. I don't have legs."

He swam back and revealed his fishtail.

"I'm a merman."

The siblings had never thought mermaids and mermen were real, but when they saw who their little brother was, it changed their mind.

"You're, a real merman?" Abigail asked.

Josh nodded.

"That is amazing!" Ashley said; excitedly. "You're like the male version of Ariel from The Little Mermaid!"

"Yeah, but it's a bit complicated. It's not like I magically appeared out of mother's womb, it's a disease."

"What do you mean?" Ashley asked.

Josh sat with his older siblings and told them how he was born with Sirenomelia, and how their mother hid him away so that nobody would know about him.

"Mother never told us you were a merman." Abigail said.

"She just told us you were sick and that you couldn't be around anyone." Jordan added.

"Well, now you know the truth, and why I'm always hidden here."

Josh turned away.

"And, there's more."

"What do you mean, there's more?" Ashley asked.

Josh went on to tell them about the boy he saved from drowning, and how he fell in love with him.

Jordan immediately knew who he was.

"I know him. He's the fisherman's son. I used to go to school with him."

The merman got excited.

"Who is he?!"

"His name is Tyler Joseph. He lives in a nearby condo by the beach."

"I know! I was near there when he almost died."

"How did you end up there?" Ashley asked.

"I watched from a nearby rock, when that girl took him into her condo."

He turned away.

"He doesn't know it was me who saved his life."

The older siblings gathered around him; consoling their merman little brother.

"Don't worry, we'll help you get with him, so he can know you saved his life." Ashley said.

"How will you?-"

"We will, believe us." Abigail added.

Jordan hugged his little brother.

"You know I'll do anything for you, even if you're a merman."

Josh smiled, kissing his older brother on the cheek.

"Alright, let's do it."