Fourteen 🧜🏻‍♂️

The next morning, Josh went to the beach, alone. He didn't want to bug Tyler, and he thought being alone would be good for him.

He felt himself slipping away from the boy he loved, and started doubting his wish would be granted, to have a human soul.

Josh sat among the waves and closed his eyes, allowing the cool salty air hit his charmed face, for what he thought he'd never feel for a long time.

His feet bled from his toes, down to his ankles until it washed along the water, fading away into the foam. He felt a small tear stream down his cheek, and mix into the blood.

Josh's pain was harder than when he was singled out in front of Tyler's friends. He had never felt anything like it before.

Meanwhile, Tyler laid in his bed, alone.

For a few days, he shared his bed with Josh, but today, it didn't feel the same without his precious Josh.

Before he could think it through, he heard a soft knock at the door. When he went to answer it, he saw who he thought he wouldn't see again.

It was the blond haired girl that found him on the shore.

When he saw her, Tyler's heart was lit, and his eyes brightened. He was charmed by her grace.

The girl lifted her hand, and waved to her dear friend.

"Hello, Tyler."

The boy reached out for her hand, and gently kissed it.

"My lady."

"My, you seem very well since I found you."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you not remember?"

"Not all the way."

"Oh, well, that's okay. I just thought after I brought you into my care, I would come and see how you were."

"Of course." He said. "Come on in and we'll catch up."

The girl walked into Tyler's condo and sat down on the couch with him.

"So, how have you been?" She asked.

"I'm very well." He replied. "I've been longing to see your beautiful face again."

"Oh, so you do remember me?"

Tyler was confused.

"What do you mean?"

"If you don't remember, I found you washed up on the beach. I brought you into my home and took care of you until you healed up. It seemed to me you were in some accident."

"I was." Tyler replied. "I told myself not to go into the ocean after my sister died, but I was so mind blinded by its beauty, I couldn't help myself."

The girl reached out and touched his cheek.

"You have nothing to be sad about. I'm just glad to see you well."

Tyler smiled at her.

He was so entranced by her beauty, he leaned over and kissed her on the lips, but leaned back quickly, thinking it disturbed her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that."

The girl smiled.

"Don't worry. I was hoping you'd find me again someday."

Tyler was so happy, he kissed her again. The two embraced each other during the moment.

They had found each other again.

Later on, Josh came back into the condo, hoping he'd spend some time with Tyler. But when he came into the room, his whole world collapsed.

He saw the boy he loved with a girl, giving her the love he so much desired. The love he gave his life for, and his voice for.

(Start song)

Josh stood there, watching, with tears rolling down his cheeks. His hands clutched over his chest. He felt his heart breaking into a million pieces.

His life was over.

Unable to watch Tyler loving on the girl, Josh ran back out to the beach, silently weeping over his loss.

The pain in his feet became excruciating. It was the worst pain he felt since he first walked on them, but he didn't care about that.

The merman fell upon the beach. His weeping turned to sobs. His eyes were red with tears, and his feet bled endlessly onto the waves.

The love of his life was gone, and he couldn't get it back.

Josh realized that once they wed, he was going to die from a broken heart.

And by the next sunrise, he would turn into sea foam and cease to exist.

He couldn't stop that from happening. He couldn't tell Tyler what was going to happen to him, or try to prevent him from marrying the girl he loved.

He couldn't tell him it was him who saved his life.

Josh's life was starting to fade away.