Twelve 🧜🏻‍♂️

(Play song)

Tyler and Josh got home around evening time. The merman was still a bit sad over what had happened, but regained hope once he was with the boy he loved.

After they got inside, Josh dressed himself into one of Tyler's shirts and went outside onto the beach. He thought it would take his mind off things.

As he walked, he left behind a pair of bloody footprints, until he dipped his feet into the waves, which filled with blood.

Josh had felt numb to the pain ever since he was rejected multiple times by his true love, which was the only pain he could ever feel.

The merman lifted his eyes away from the blood, and looked up to the sun, as it dissolved into the sea.

He felt the warm breeze that hurled through him, like the voices in the unknown waters.

His eyes soon were buried in tears, like when he first rescued Tyler, but he never saw it was him

He missed his home, his family, and his life. He wished his suffering would end, and he'd be happy with the boy he loved, but that would only mean his death.

Then he started thinking, if he were to fail, and die like the sea witch told him, Tyler would want to follow him.

He could give up his own life to be with him, by drowning into the depths of the sea. His lungs would fill with water, and his skin would peal away from his body.

They would drown together, and become one with the sea.

But that will never happen.

Josh had to endure the pain, the suffering, and win his heart, without a voice.

All those thoughts hurt him even more than what he went through that very day.

He closed his eyes and and wept silently, begging and pleading for his sadness to end.

"If only he knew, that I saw him fall into the water, that I brought him to the shore, and watched breathe again, I could get the soul I desire."

"If you could hear me, my mother, my dear siblings, please, help me. I want him, and I want a soul. It's all I could ever want."

"If I could have only one wish, I would go back and call out to my love, and he'd hear me and know the truth, that I saved his life."

The merman turned away from the vanishing sun, and started walking back to the condo, leaving another trail of bloody footprints on the sand.

Surprisingly, when the waves fell over it, the blood stayed on the sand, never washing away. Josh turned and saw they were still there.

He saw it as a sign of hope, that Tyler would wake up and know the truth.

And he'd win a human soul.