Ten 🧜🏻‍♂️

After recovering from the effects of the potion, Josh started learning how to walk with his new human feet, but like the sea witch said, every step he took gave him great pain. It was so painful, that it made his feet bleed endlessly.

Eventually, he learned to ignore the pain, and walk on land like the human boy he was supposed to be.

Tyler stayed by Josh's side the entire way, not going anywhere without him, but at the same time, he was anxious to find out who saved his life.

Still, he had no idea it was Josh, nor did he want to believe in what Jordan said.

One day, Tyler made some plans to go out and meet with some friends from school. He decided to bring Josh with him.

Before leaving, he dressed Josh in a white sweater that went down his mid thigh. Then, as a final touch, he gave him a shimmering ocean necklace with a golden shell locket.

When he looked into the mirror, he smiled

When he looked into the mirror, he smiled. Tyler stood behind him, holding his shoulders.

"You may not be able to speak, but you have the beauty that no one can possess. I might as well marry you right now."

Josh got excited.

"Does he mean it?!"

Tyler let go.

"But I must find the one who saved me first."

Josh's heart sank like the sand on the beach, like when he trapped his fin above the rocks, but he gathered back his strength.

"He'll fall in love with me, I know it."

The merman smiled, but when he took a step, he winced. He lifted his foot and saw blood stained on the floor.

Thankfully, the floor was made of wood, so he thought it wouldn't damage it.

Then he took another step, then started walking normally.

To him, the pain was nothing compare to what he'd been through all his life.

Growing up in a cove, being a merman, swimming in the ocean, and not knowing anything about the human world.

The only thing he knew was his family, and how human like they were, and how he has Sirenomelia and can't be normal like the rest of them.

Now, Josh has that ability, but he'll have to achieve it, by getting Tyler to fall in love with him, and earning the human soul he's always wanted.

Even though he cannot speak, and has to endure endless pain, he is willing to go through that to get what his heart desires.

After diving into those thoughts, Josh came outside, and saw Tyler starting the car. He went to him, holding out his hand.

"Come, my dear."

Josh took his hand and walked with him to the car, then they drove out into the road together.

This was going to be Josh's first time seeing the world outside of his ocean cove.