July 17, 1998

It's been a week now since I wrote my last entry. I haven't been able to write much because I volunteered at the shelter and it's .....

weird, it seems like everybody recovered from the StOrm, so fast...

Most of the daMage dEalt by the storm was easily fixed, except for the town hall. In most places, the town hall would be sEaled off, but our hall IS full of dust and rats, mostly because our town was built during the 1800s and all of the towns were recreated, except for the town hall.

Our mayor promised he would fix the town hall during the election campaign, but never did. It was no surprise tHat the town hall was almost completely destroyed when I had a look yesterday.

That day, my heart was beating faster than I could imagine, almost in a rhythmic way as if it was warning me something. Then, I had a mere glimpse inside it's old and unclean halls, the ceiling was completely destroyed with very large holes and it's floor covered in sand and rubble, but the walls to my surprise were intact, it seemed as though the walls were burying something large and mischievous. But, it was not possible for something to be inside, except for the rats, but if there was something inside, it can't be alive.

But, it was all I was able to see inside, if I were able to take a look inside, I might've figured out what it was that was giving me this feeling of fear in my heart.

From the day of the storm, this town seems to be more in turmoil than ever, but it was weird that everything was silent. The town streets were empty and covered in thick fog, it was weird because this town used to be so happy and now there are miserable people roaming the streets and it was an afternoon where it has yet to be nightfall for the fog to roam around.

The stReet lights were soon turned on, to which the streets were now clear to see even with the thick fog covering to what I can only imagine the entirety of the town.

As I was walking past the cemetery with the few medical supplies that were supposed to be delivered to the shelter, the vacancy became more clear to me. The reason the streets were vacant because of the looming darkness that is about to cover this shallow and miserable town.

This darkness, to what I can only presume is The mysterious deaths looming Over this forgotten town. These deaths were clear to everyone, that they are but an accident. This realization came when yet another has fallen in the forgoTten deptHs of this town's back alleys.

The body was found to be staBbed in the back alleys, to what can only be assumed to have happened days ago. The body was later Identified to be Amanda Wellstone, the DauGhter of the mayor. This was clear to be a warning to the mayor himself.

Many people in the town admired the mayor until he tried to close the shelter and multiple hospitals to save money. It was no surprise that people in this town started hating him. But, this type of prejudice was the First to occur in this town, as there were never any murders that have taken place except for now...

The body itself was mysterious, due to There being only one stab wound and the wound itself was deadly enough to kill a fully functional and healthy human being. Due to the knife being poSitioned exactly to the heart, This had to be an experienced person that has done this, but it is weird that the killer left the knife in the chest almost like it was a parting gift. I cOuld tell you about this because I saw the body this morning when the police were still identifying it, after Which they closed the site down under the mayor's instructions and Nobody knows what happened next.

When I reached the shelter, I was told that the mayor attempted to save his dead daughter by taking her to the hospital. It was the stupidest thing that they could have done, the body of the mayor's daughter is now, but a lifeless shell and there was no way in hell that they or anyone can bring her back to life. After hearing this, it was odd to me that the mayor cares more about her daughter than the town, it made me feel like the time Aunt Mary passed away, it made me feel as though there was nothing in the world that could fix my broken heart because Aunt Mary was the one who always cared for me when my parents were going on frequent work travels.

The day the funeral of Aunt Mary was held, it was the worst part of my life, that day I had to say goodbye to a person that helped me and cared for me more than my parents ever could.