c ; bluebells for a queen to be

••He walked through the woodland, checking over his shoulder to ensure he wasn't being followed

••
He walked through the woodland, checking over his shoulder to ensure he wasn't being followed. Being the King of Nilfgaard came with many things, one of them being power and another being manhunts and bounties.

People feared Nilfgaard and were scared of what he would do but they didn't stop the richest people trying to have him killed. Or trying to find any way to hurt him.

He had seen them when he rode past a couple of days ago. He couldn't get them off his mind and he knew exactly who would love them.

His eyes lit up when he saw them. They sat in the middle of the woodlands. He strode over and picked them gently from the ground until he had a bouquet. The bluebell flowers would make her smile and forgive him for leaving her alone for the last couple of weeks. He walked back to his horse and group and attached the flowers to the saddle and climbed back on and began to ride off again. He had a couple of hours left and was desperate to get back.

The gates swung open and they all rode in as people cheered and bowed. Cahir jumped from his horse, grabbed the flowers and made his way into the castle. He walked the corridors and went up the stairs and there the door stood. He hoped she would be in there otherwise he would have to try and find her around the castle.

He knocked and opened the door to be greeted by an empty room. He ran his hands through his hair and tried to think of where she could be. Where would she go?

"She went around the castle your highness. Mentioned the garden" a servant said as she passed the room. Of course. The garden.

He thanked the servant and made his way back down the stairs and out of the main castle and towards the castle garden. He walked through the gates and looked around and saw her.

She had her back to him and was tending to the poppies. He had told her countless times there were people to do that and she had told him countless times it was the only thing she wanted to do. She wanted to tend to the garden, and so he allowed her to do so. The garden was hers and she was always here.

"If you tend to them flowers anymore, they are going to fall apart before they are harvestable" Cahir said and you froze. You weren't expecting him back so soon.

You turned and saw him standing there holding bluebells in his hands and a goofy smile on his face.

"When did you get back?" You asked as you stood up and wiped your hands clean. He wasn't mean to come back till next week so the people in the castle would be freaking out.

"Just now. Saw these and thought of you" he said as he extended out his hands and handed you the flowers. He had even gotten the roots with them which meant you could plant them. You smiled at him and placed the flowers beside your gardening mat and then smiled up at him.

"They are very beautiful. Thank you very much Cahir" you said as you walked over to him and wrapped your arms around him.

He wasn't one for affection, let alone in public but he couldn't resist when it came to you. He smiled down at you and wrapped his arms around you, his head resting on yours. He had missed this. He had missed you. It had felt like forever since he had last seen you and wanted to come home as fast as he could.

"They reminded me of your beauty and couldn't resist bringing some home for you" he said and your cheeks went bright pink. He was so sweet and when he went away the maids around the castle would talk about how sweet he was with you. Apparently you were the only one he was nice too.

You pulled away from the hug, much to his disappointment and began to plant the bluebells. They were a wonderful colour.

"Are you the sweetest Mr King of Nilfgaard" you said, smirking up at him and he laughed at you.

"Alright you. You'll be a Queen soon enough" he said as he took your hand and walked you towards the castle.

He had kept saying to you and those around him apparently that he was going to make you his Queen. You didn't believe him. Why would someone like him want a small country girl like you as his Queen? Your family had no money and no power.

You walked into the castle together as he told you the tales of his adventure and where he was going next. You might not tell each other how much you missed each other exactly but you both knew. He was your world and you were his. A part of you hoped that you would become his Queen and be by his side forever but it seemed unrealistic and impossible.