j ; songwriter

••"Do you think you'll ever write me a song?" You asked Jaskier as you cuddled in bed

••
"Do you think you'll ever write me a song?" You asked Jaskier as you cuddled in bed.

"Write you a song?"

"You have written songs about Geralt and monsters and beasts and love but will you ever write a song about me and you?"

"What makes you think I haven't?"

"Because you haven't sung it to me"

"Do you want me to write you a song?"

"I want to know what a song about us is like. You haven't written one as far as I'm aware of" you said and Jaskier chuckled.

"I see. You don't think I could write a song about you, that's what this is" Jaskier challenged you with a smirk on his face as you looked at him gobsmacked.

"You're putting words in my mouth thank you very much," you said as you pushed his chest lightly. He smiled at you and kissed your forehead as he cuddled you tighter. You both slowly drifted off to sleep in each other's arms.

A WEEK LATER

You hadn't seen Jaskier for a week. He had disappeared and even Geralt didn't know where he was.

You had first thought he had been kidnapped but then Geralt said that they would have brought him right back because he would have annoyed them which made you laugh.

But people around the village had told you they had seen him wandering around. That he was going to the river, to the lake, to the inn and to the woods but you hadn't seen him at all.

You walked into your room to see a note sitting on the bed. You looked around and carefully picked it up, recognising Jaskiers handwriting.

"Come meet me downstairs ~ Jaskier"

You rolled your eyes and walked downstairs to see Jaskier in the middle of the inn with the lute in his hands. You walked over to Geralt and sat down in the same booth as him. You both shared a confused look and looked over to Jaskier who was looking at you with a small smile on his face.

What is he up to?

He strummed his lute and smirked at you.

"She is like sunshine, warming up my heart,

She brings light to everyone she meets,

Everyone says how friendly she is and how they're glad they got to meet,

Her hair flows down her back and glistens in the sun,

Her eyes twinkle and shine like stars in the nights' sky,

She danced and she laughs as everybody watches her,

She plays and chases children in the streets and giggles as the play,

She would be a wonderful mother as she is a lover,

Her eyes are green as leaves and her hair brown as chocolate,

She is my happiness and my entire world,

Without I'd be lost and living in the dirt,

She is a goddess reincarnated and brought back to life,

As she walks around the earth blessing my life,

She is my soulmate,

My laughter and joy,

She has no idea how much she means to me,

But I hope this song helps,

I'd be lost without you so please never leave."

Jaskier stood there looking at you before you ran over and embraced him. You silently cried lightly as he held you in his arms.

"What did you think?" He asked, grinning at you.

"It was beautiful," you said as you smiled at him. He kissed you lightly before you both walked over to Geralt and sat down.