{4}

As soon as the meeting was over, I rushed to my car and drove to Angelina's school

As soon as the meeting was over, I rushed to my car and drove to Angelina's school. Once I got there she was gone. Then I looked at the time. "4:00 p.m." Fuck. 

I rushed home just to see Angelina and Rosa sitting on the stoop outside eating ice cream. Rosa stared at me with her devil eyes. Angelina got up and walked inside. 

"Babygirl I'm sorry," then she slammed the door. 

"You have a lot to explain Oscar," She loudly whispered. "Why the fuck are you so late for?"

"I got held up at the meeting. I tried to tell them that I had to go pick up Angelina and they wouldn't let me leave. You know how my dad is." I said as I kept myself together.

"Well, you need to let your dad know that your family is more important than that dumb ass gang," she quietly yelled again. She took it way too far right there. 

"At least they were there for me when I was in la cárcel. They always checked up on me every single day," I said with a breathy voice. 

"Not this shit again," She said as she spins with her hands on her head.

"You wouldn't even let me see my daughter. My own daughter." My voice started to get shaky. I couldn't keep myself together. "I did everything I could for you and Angelina but you never thank me for shit."

"What the fuck am I supposed to thank you for?" She crossed her arms. I moved closer to her.

"You should thank me because I saved your ass from getting killed. You should thank me back I put food on the table for you and my daughter. Even when I'm not home. I give you money just because. So there's a lot you should thank me for." I roughly whispered. 

Her eyes began to water. 

"Is there a problem? I turned around and her best friend Brianna was in her car behind us. Rosa wiped her tears then walked away. As she walked away she shoved her arm against mine then got inside Brianna's car. 

"Where the fuck are you going?" I yelled. I need to be away from you right now because I don't want to cause a scene in front of my daughter." She slammed the car door and Brianna drove off. 

"Fuck!" I shouted as I knocked over the chair outside. "I needa go to the gym but, I need someone to watch Angelina for me.

"Hey, can you come over?"

"Yeah hold on," then I hung up. I called Monse before anyone starts to trip. I walked into the house then sighed. I went straight to Angelina's room and there she was. She was covered up in her Tinkerbell blanket with a pillow over your head. 

"mi ángel? wakey wakey mama" I carefully shook her. 

"Mama wake up," she groaned then removed her pillow off of her head. 

"Hey pretty girl, Monse is on her way to babysit you." She opened her eyes and sat up.

"Where are you going bubba?" she quietly said.

"I'm going to the gym, daddy needs to calm down." She nodded. "Are you and mama gonna be okay? I heard you guys fussing outside."

"Come here," I opened my arms for a hug. Once her head was on my waist, I closed my arms and put out heads together.

"Mama and I are going to be just fine. Okay?" I felt her head nod against mine. "Okay bubba loves you and you know that right?" She nodded again. The doorbell rang. "Okay, that might be Monse, now what do we do before we leave." 

We both broke our hug as we both sat up at the same time. "Roll dawg, bow wow, Amar para Siempre (We love forever)" "Ard now let's go say hi," She nodded then ran to the living room. 

"Shit my baby's getting big," I almost cried. She ran back to the room, "I forgot to give you something" She jumped on her bed and gave me a kiss on the cheek then ran back to the living room." Shit, don't cry. 

I cleared my throat than walked to the door. "Oscar," Monse spoke as she walked into my house.

"Yup just walk in," I closed my door. "I should be back by 8:30," 

"Okay okay, we'll be just fine but if there are any problems I'll call Rosa" I shook my head "No, just call me,"

"Uhh, why can't I just call Rosa?"

"Because I said so." I snapped. Her whole face froze, I looked down to see Angelina giving me her puppy eyes.

"I'll be back," I walked out the house. As I closed the house door, I sighed with my head on the door. I took my car keys out of my pocket the walked to the car. Once I got in, I sighed again while starting the car then I drove. 

I got to my boxing gym. I sat in my car seat with my hands on the steering wheel. "You got this, just walk in and do your thing," I told myself over and over again. After saying it fifteen times, I put my car keys in my bag then I walked inside. 

I put on my headphones then surfed through my phone to find a good playlist. I stopped at my Creed playlist. Those songs get me pumped you know. 

I approached my locker. I opened it then I started to get changed. Once I finished getting changed I walked to an empty boxing ring and began to throw my punches on the punching bag. 

"Look who it is?" I heard behind me. I stopped what I was doing and I turned back slowly. Fucking prophet$. 

"What do you want?" They all shook their heads. "Nothin, I just wanted you to see our new fighter," Quincy chuckled. As me and his new fighter were doing a staring contest, I noticed someone who looked familiar. 

"Oh baby come here," Quincy told the girl. "I want you to meet a good friend of mine, Spooky." The girl lift her head and it was her. It was Marisol.  

Fight Club