{23}

Ten years later

Today's the anniversary of Oscar's death

Today's the anniversary of Oscar's death. It's been exactly nine years. 

The funeral was so beautiful. Everyone in Freeirdge came to support us. The Prophet$ tried to but I told the guys don't let them in. Mr. Garcia, Some of the Santos members and I did our speeches. He told me he wanted to be buried in the Santos Cemetery and that's what we did. Just to keep his spirit happy in Heaven. 

After the fight, Chivo gave me Oscar's money and told me to 'Flee Freeridge,' and that's exactly what I did. After the fight, we all went back home. I started to pack my clothes and Angelina's clothes. But when I started to pack Oscar's clothes, I just felt a weird feeling. I just haven't been the same since. Since then, I've been waking up at four o'clock and looking over my shoulder to not see him laying next to me. 

The Prophet$ try to keep in touch with me but I don't bother to answer their calls. I bought a house in Bakersfield and claimed Angelina as my own daughter. When I told Rosa that Oscar passed she didn't even care about Angelina. All she asked was if she was in the will. And she wasn't. He left everything to me, Angelina, and Cesar.

I never read the letter Francisco gave me, the night of the fight. I've tried to read it but I would just start crying and feel guilty. 

It took me a while to start dating again because I couldn't get over Oscar. He was practically my childhood crush and childhood sweetheart. But, I did start talking to someone about a month ago and he seems to understand exactly what I'm going through. 

You know, I still wear the beauty and the beast necklace he got me. It reminds me of the times, when we were kids, he would call me the beauty and himself the beast. And he would always say, we'll be together, forever.

"Hey, mom. Are you okay? We can hear you crying from the living room," Angelina stood at the door. I turned from the window and looked at her. I nodded then I started to cry. "Today's the day, isn't it." I nodded then completely broke down. She sighed. "Guys she's in here," She yelled. Oscar's dad, Francisco, Tony, Cesar, and Alejandro came into the room and sat around me. "Let me read you the later," Francisco insisted. "It's in the top drawer," He got the letter and sat next to me. 

"It says,"

"Wait, Alejandro, Angelina can you both hold your mother while your godfather reads the letter. They both nodded their heads and hugged me Immediately, bring me to tears. With all the depression and stress I was going thorugh because of Oscar's death, I didn't think I would have Alejandro, but thank god I was able to. But what hurts me the most is that he looks exactly like Oscar and sounds exactly like how he did when we were kids. 

"Ready?" I nodded.

"Okay, it says" 

𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐥,

𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐂𝐞𝐬𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐨 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭. 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲. 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭,"