2.Call Me Jess

As I sat in my cell,bored out of my mind I waited for Jessica to arrive.I wanna see who I'll be sharing this small box with.

I heard the big metal door open and be shut again.I heard the rattle of the keys as they were dropped on the officers desk.I lifted my head to see a young,brunette girl.

"This.Is Jessica.Your 'room mate'" the officer smiled.I smiled back.I don't know if he smiled because he was mischievous or he just smiled.I ignored it.

The girl walked into the cell I took in her appearance.Long brown wavy hair and almost pitch black eyes.

"You must be Madison?" She questioned."Call me Madi" I replied.She smiled."Call me Jess" I smiled back.

Then there was silence.A very awkward silence.Until Jess cleared her throat.

"So tell me.Madi,why are you here?" She asked leaning back in the wooden chair she was sitting on.

I shook my head."Can we not talk about this.Im still letting the fact that I'm here sink in" I explained.She nodded.

"Hey,it'll get better.Trust me.Time flies when you're in jail.Its not that bad" she tried cheering me up.Didnt work but I still smiled.

"We have a walking hour in 2 hours.I can ask if we can have a lunch table outside if you want? I could tell you everything you should know about here" she suggested.

"What is there to know? That I'm surrounded by criminals,rapists and drug addicts?" I scoffed."Im sorry" I quickly said realizing that she herself was a criminal and that I had just offended her.

"Don't stress about it.We're all committed to crimes here".