Pt 13. Mama Wolf

Did she seriously have to keep passing out? It was getting annoying. Everything seemed to trigger her, and it made things more difficult.

Regina let out a groan as she opened her eyes. She stretched her arms as she fully woke up. Looking around, Regina didn't know what to think. Instead of back home at the packhouse, she was in the middle of a field?

Trees surrounded her with long grass blowing in the wind. There was a breeze; it smelt like summer and was warm. Where was she?

'Regina?'

She turned to see the familiar gray wolf behind her in the grass.

'Speranza, do you know where we are? What's going on?'

'I have no idea; I have no memory of this place or how we got here.'

A gust flew through the meadow, and a strange feeling overcame Regina. Like, she had been here before.

That's when she saw the wolves. Emerging from the trees was a small pack of wolves. There was the Alpha in front, leading the pack with his family behind him. Following along, there were several other families with pups in tow.

Once they reached the clearing, the pups all took off. Running in different directions and tripping over each other. They started play fighting while the adults relaxed and laid in the grass.

'Who are these wolves? Why do I feel some connection to them?'

Speranza shook her head; she didn't have any answers either.

The pack continued resting as pups happily played. There four in total, one much older than the rest. Regina's heart stopped seeing one with gray fur and dark eyes. It was Speranza's wolf form. Could this be her past?

Time sped past, suns rising and falling. Hunting parties went out, they slept together, and the children played. The summer made the days long, and it seemed like it was all perfect.

One night was different, the families were all cuddled together, and the sky was clear. Her past self was with a white pup, a gray wolf, and a sizeable greenish wolf. Everyone was asleep without a single worry.

Then there were the howls, terrifying howls that echoed throughout the clearing. The pack was up quickly, wolves standing protectively while the smaller wolves started to run with the pups. Giant wolves came from one side of the clearing, howls announcing their position. After declaring who they were, the enemy wolves charged.

The pack didn't stand a chance. The other wolves were almost all black, and all were Warrior wolves. They tore through the Alpha and other wolves, causing their mates to let out a short roar in pain. The Luna turned and charged, only to be killed like her mate.

The greenfield turned red, and soon only three wolves were running. While the wolves played with their prey, a few kept on chasing.

The scene changed, and suddenly Regina was in the woods, Speranza at her side. She could see the three wolves running through the trees. The gray wolf then stopped, nuzzled the two little pups before turning around. The two pups continued running, not even seeing the gray wolf get torn into pieces.

Eventually, the little gray wolf stopped with her sister, white wolf. The two bumped heads, probably talking through their mental link. Then the white one continued running while the gray one stood her ground.

His eyes were red, blood red. He stalked the gray wolf, a smile on his lips. He was toying with the pup and was enjoying it.

The wolf shifted, a man with red eyes smiling down on the pup.