A cold morning.

Denmark

I felt warmth on my face. The sun was peeking through the blinds.

"I forgot to shut them before going to sleep" I thought to myself before a yawn escaped my mouth. I really wished I could just stay in bed.

I tried to sit up quickly and I suddenly felt light-headed.

Shit...too fast...

I took a few deep breathes and finally opened my eyes. My room was looking horrible.

My clothes were everywhere (not even talking about all of the papers and clients lists from last week). I sighed and tried to get up but I suddenly heard a hiss and I felt some movement just beside me. I flinched and looked at the unknown source of movement.

Didi? A black and white cat was looking at me angrily. I'm sorry Didi...- I said in a warm voice trying to reach my hand to her soft fur. She only hissed and ran away from me.

Rude. I watched as she walked up to one of the windows and started scratching it and meowing. I decided to get up. I went up to the window. Didi looked at me still a little angry. I smiled at her lightly and opened the window. She jumped out immediately.

I felt the cold breeze going through my lungs. The sea was going wild today.

My brain was somewhere different and then all of a sudden I heard my door open.

I turned around to see my older brother Finland. He was wearing a t-shirt that said „Shut the fuck up." and black jeans. His hair was pushed back effortlessly

-Oh...you're awake...

He looked at me in slight shock. Someone out of the family would never see those little changes in his expressions. But I've known him for 17 years. People say he is emotionless but I know he isn't like that. He is just secretive that's it.

-Yea...

-...

We stared at each other for a few seconds. I noticed that there were black bags under his eyes...eh... He is always working.

-Breakfast is ready.

He was about to get out but I stopped him.

-Finland wait!

-...Hm?

His face seemed blank. He was so tired. I went up to him and hugged him.

-I love you Finland...

He stayed still for a few seconds but he hugged me back. After a bit, he let go of me and went downstairs. I could see a little smirk on his face when he was closing the door.

That's how we worked. Affection between our family is not existing from the view of other countries, but we really love each other.

I went up to my closet and picked up a sweatshirt. I will eat breakfast now and shower later...I don't want to keep my siblings waiting.

I put it on and quickly ran downstairs. Well...I tried to...

I was about to go down the stairs but I ran right into Iceland in the hallway.

He tripped and banged his knee.

-HEY! Watch where you are going!

He was wearing gray sweatpants and a blue hoodie, and of course, as always he had his headphones turned with probably some kind of metal band playing.

-I'm so sorry Icy! Here...

I reached my hand out to him.

-Hmpf...