A break

Finland

I was sitting on one of the bunker beds. My sleeping bag was laying on the ground. Estonia and his roommates were in the kitchen making toasts. I could smell the bread being toasted. I felt my mouth getting wet. I haven't eaten the whole day after I...drove away...
I looked around trying to forget about the situation. Latvia was really scared of living in a college dorm so he decided to rent a nice apartment for him and his friends. It wasn't big but it seemed cozy.
The walls were painted light gray and yellow. It felt soothing here. Like I was safe.

I heard someone coming up the door. I looked up. It was Latvia himself. He was wearing a red golf sweater and old black jeans. He was also wearing white Adidas shoes.

-Come on you walking ball of sadness. The food is ready.

-Okay...

He disappeared around the corner. Latvia never really liked me. Estonia introduced me to him a few months after we started dating. We actually knew each other before but I didn't want to say anything. He used to date Norway back in the day. They broke up after...you know what...
Estonia happily changed schools a year before the incident. I don't think he would be dating me if he was in school at that time.

I got up and stretched. I picked up my phone that was laying on a little table next to the bed.
32 missed calls from Sweden and 1 from Norway...
I put it in my pocket and went to the kitchen.

I walked into it and the smell was even harder. It hit me. Estonia was standing next to the sink with a cup of coffee He was wearing a blue polo shirt and ripped jeans. I got close to him and kissed him on the cheek.
He giggled and ruffled my hair.

-Good morning honey

I heard a small amount of concern in his voice. Esty was extremely empathetic so he knew exactly how I felt. 

-Morning...

He turned around. The sparkles in his eyes were gone and he had dark circles under his eyes. Well...I'm not surprised after yesterday.

-Do you feel better than yesterday...?

Yesterday...actually...what happened yesterday? I remember I arrived at Estonia's place in tears. His roommates were gone, they were partying somewhere I think...

-Fin, oh my god what happened?!

I tried to cover my face and stop the whining that was coming out of me. All of the memories and things Iceland said to me came back.

-I-I I'm an id-ido-idiot Estonia!

I was shaking and my legs felt tired. Estonia shushed me and let me into the house. He sat on the floor and patted his thighs.
I decided to lay down and I put my head on his legs.

-Talk to me...

I let out a sigh and sobbed trying to calm down. Estonia started to stroke my hair and he undid my little ponytail. I always tie them because my hair was already almost at my shoulders.

I breathed in and out and finally started talking.

-Iceland had a fight in school. He started talking to me how much he hates himself you know. I thought that if I talk to him about my fight he will see that nobody is perfect and maybe it will calm him down a little...or something...

I felt tears coming out of my eyes again.

He hates me...GOD, I'M SUCH A DUMBASS!

I started crying again and I felt Estonia touch my face.

-Shhh...it's not your fault Fin...

I sat up and looked at him. I felt so angry.

-NOT MY FAULT?! It's all my fault! nobody would be hurt if I just didn't have that fight with Norway. Icy was right, I'm the problem...I'm always the...

I felt Estonia's lips on mine. He grabbed my coat and pulled me closer. I looked at him shocked. I felt so...calm when he was near me...it was so warm. I melted into the kiss. I felt salty tears on his face.
After a few more seconds, he broke it and looked at me. He was whimpering.

-You are not the problem Finland! You made your mistakes but it's not your fault! You are an amazing person! I fell in love with you because of how sweet and caring you are. I don't care about your past, Icy shouldn't as well...he is just confused Fin. Give him some time.

He hugged me, he was squeezing me harder than ever. I felt a couple of tears coming out of my eyes. I snuggled him back. I think we fell asleep like that...just cuddling. Estonia is an amazing comforter. I'm so glad he is in my life

I looked at him. He was smiling waiting for an answer.

-Yea...I feel better, thanks, Esty...

-I'm always here Fin.

-Hey, love birds! The food is getting cold!

I and Estonia looked towards the table. Lithuania was sitting with her legs crossed smiling and staring at us. She was wearing a white floral skirt and a button-up yellow shirt. Her short hair looked extra messy.

I sat down and started eating. Estonia sat next to me while drinking his coffee.

-Lithuania?

She looked at me, her smile got even wider.

-Yea?

-Aren't people weirded out that you live with two guys?

She laughed and looked at me confused.

-What? I mean, yea sometimes but I always tell them the same thing: "a gay, a heterosexual girl and an aro guy ain't gonna make a pair in any way"

Latvia and Estonia started laughing. I chuckled.

-Besides, I'm getting married next year remember?

Oh! I did forget! Lithuania is marrying Hungary. He proposed to her last year and she said yes without hesitation. I'm really happy for them, they make an amazing couple.

Latvia now turned to Estonia and smirked at him.

-How about you guys? When is the wedding?

I blushed and looked at Estonia. He was sitting, and their eyes were wide open.

-EEeEEe...maybe not yet. I don't think we are planning on doing that until we both find a decent job.

I nodded and laughed awkwardly.

Latvia and Lithuania started to laugh and Estonia joined them. I just sat there snickering.

I looked at the plate below me, it was already empty. I saw my reflection. I looked so tired...

-Hey, Fin...?

I looked at Estonia stunned.

-Yea?

-Do you want to go to the market with us?

I smirked. He knew exactly what I needed. He knew he has to get me distracted in some way or another.

-Of course...